Having trouble finding out the difference between these two Fenix headlamps

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
HP30 900 lumen and the HP15ue? Specs look almost identical on both of them other than the HP 15 takes AA batteries. What am I missing here? Is that the only diff, the batteries?

HP30 is a XML2 and HP15 is XML2(U2) and I don't have a clue what the differences are what that means.

But I DO know that my new TK75 2015 model IS a XML2 U2 and I love the whiteness of that light and in reading the reviews for it I remember reading that the XML2U2 was a superior light to the XML2 and that it used less energy and power so the batteries will last longer?

Even now MORE confusing is some of the HP 30, 900 lumens are saying comes with a Cree XM – L2 while others are saying XP-G but there's no difference in the model numbers? I almost messed up as I added to cart Amazon after researching and seeing XML2 and right before I hit place order I noticed the last second it's XPG. After going back, I have to say, I am just thoroughly confused. it's just all crazy right now with descriptions. From Amazon:

• Uses Cree XP-G (R5) LED and Nichia red light LED, with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
  • Maximum -Lumen output with a throw of 233 meters and 300 hours on Eco setting
  • 4 Brightness Levels Plus Burst and SOS, Burst-900Lumens, High-500 LM, Mid-200LM, Low-65LM, Eco-4LM
  • Lockout Function;Detachable diffuser lens;60-degree tilt mechanism;Remote battery case with USB port
  • HP30 pack comes with Four CR123A LegionArms Battery pack

Now when I say exact specs, keep in mind I am the kind a guy I just blast it turbo all the time or at a minimum high. Never Found the need for lowlight :)

I only look at, as I am sure like the vast majority of the world, how bright it can get and in this case they are both headlamps and both do 900 lm. So other than the batteries is there some difference I just can't see?

Last edited: