The Most Overpriced Budget Lights in the World.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
My jaw dropped when I realized what I was looking at.

Regularly $99.90, now for the low, low price of $49.90.

You're not going to believe this.
http://www.supertorch.com/en/index.php
The Heider CF1.

The $50 Sipik 68. WAT.... THE....

That's a frickin $3 light, are they insane? $47 to have the brand name silk screened on them?? Here's the scary part. At time of posting, they are sold out. Legalized robbery?

I spotted 2 of those lights on DX.com inside 2 minutes.

The Heider MMX?
No. $190? No. You can have it for the low, low price of $149.90.
It's $11 on DX. :(
No. Just no.

Caveat emptor, friends. I already passed on the warning, hope nobody buys from them.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
No 1 most expensive online shop in the world!!! :laughing:

I like the Xeno s3a clone type light, exactly the same ...............except $50 more:thinking:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel massively sorry for people who think they've dropped the coin to get something nice and get handed budgets.

Unfair? Yep. Unethical? Oh yes. Illegal? Unfortunately, AFAIK, they can ASK for whatever they please.

Biggest gouge I've seen yet.

Think I'd get my sales thread closed in CPF mall/market for asking $50 for an unmodded non-gold-plated Sipik 68 without semiprecious stones on it? I'm certain that I'd get blasted with industrial grade flame-hate.

I like the Xeno s3a clone type light, exactly the same ...............except $50 more
thinking.gif
I guess it's like Calvin Klein. You pay for the name and they sew the pants in a sweatshop in Vietnam. I have some, it says so on the label. I wouldn't buy something like a name, it was a gift.

Last edited:

dragonballz

Newly Enlightened
That rebranded sipik68 includes a rechargable 3.7v liion + charger. That's another $10. It comes with a three mode clicky, all my sk68 only have 1 mode.

I put a different LED in my sk68. I believe that cost me $10-15

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! In specs for Heider CF1/Sipik 68 they state that the color temperature is 5000k-8500k. They do not state that it's variable color temp.

After I got over the shock, it's starting to get funny. 5 watts? No. 300 meter beam distance? No. 3000mah AA rechargeable? No.

They bundle it with one of those house-on-fire noname chargers that you can get 10 for $5 or whatever.

Lol, get this: The Heider lions look like they printed on Ultrafire labels. They are Ultrafire blue! Oh, the humanity! Selling Ultrafire batteries, have they no shame?

santa.gif
"Pocket torch reinforced with new generation."
santa.gif
"Extreme lighting power."
:santa:"2015 model special design."

...hey! Free shipping. So at least there's that.
:twothumbs

It comes with a three mode clicky, all my sk68 only have 1 mode.
Sipik comes in 1 to 5 modes with whatever led junk they have laying around. Don't get me wrong, I like Sipiks, just not at a $50 bundle of what we know is garbage.

Last edited:

D6859

Enlightened
Facebook recommended Heider lights for me a few of months ago. I couldn't believe that s*** actually sells for the price. They don't even describe any lumen numbers, just the throw and longest runtime on low. The pictures are also incredible.
what.png

That seems pleasant warm tint for a light with "Color Temperature: 5000K-8500K"...

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't help but laugh at some of these companies and their marketing. I have clicked a few of the Facebook recommendations and discovered that for 80 bucks I can get a light that is the bight eat in the world, has superior LED technology, can be recharged thousands of times, throws farther than any other light made, and is just the best flashlight out there.

I can't help but laugh when I see it's some *****fire light rebranded with *****fire batteries and chargers. What kills me is if you read the comments on the recommendations people have actually bought this junk and think it's the best thing ever. I have seen people talk about how they rely on it camping, rely on it for night hiking, etc. I commented one time and told them the company was robbing them and the company deleted me lol.

Of course when I first saw the title I thought it was going to be about M@g lights lol.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a co-worker that repeatedly falls for this kinda stuff. I have determined the worse or more offending the tint color, oh and the higher the price, the better a deal he thinks it is.

Some people. BTW: don't even try to convince him otherwise. Oh, and show him a vn flamethrower?? and in his eyes, his is just as bright or brighter. lol I gave up.

Prepped

Enlightened
Buyer beware. I honestly feel little sympathy for people that don't do their homework on a product. Shame on that company for being so unethical, but shame on the buyer as well.

recDNA

Flashaholic
It's a tough issue. Asking for advice in a local sporting goods store or LL Bean gets you lousy flashlight info. The buyer has to be lucky enough to stumble onto this forum. Even then on my first visit here years away I nearly wrote the place off. I asked for help picking the "brightest flashlight under $50" or something like that. "Do you want flood or throw?" "Are you stupid - can't you read 100 other threads that ask that"? I didn't know enough to know what to ask. If there was a list of things to pick from I did not know about it. Anyway not everyone was that mean but some really were. My point being on a specialty item like a flashlight it takes more than a little research to make an informed choice. If you're not a budding flashaholic it is way too much work for the average person who just wants a flashlight to light up every time.

Last edited:

bdogps

Enlightened
How in does the csx have 500 meters of throw while mmx has 600 meters? The reflectors are really small to get that kind of distance.