Affordable 300yd Spotlight?

judbgrdmchn

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for something to take into the woods at night & light up wildlife from across fields. Some of which are easily several football fields from the road. I don't want to just see their eyes, but to easily make them out. I'm not concerned with cordless, but also don't want to have to mount it to a battleship to keep it steady. It needs to be able to be held & maneuvered by adolescents. Any suggestions?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
A nice hand held light that will meet your needs is the Nitecore TM16. It's Turbo is 4k lumens, but only lasts for 45 minutes. The Low of 280 lumens (16 hr), and Mid of 680 lumens (6 hr) should be more than enough to navigate with while you are looking. Once you see the reflection from their eyes, you can light them up with High or Turbo to see them completely. It carries comfortably in a belt holster, so the adolescents should have no problem using it as well. List is $199, but I have seen it as low as $125 recently, and with the holiday sales coming up, it should be easy to find at a good price.

All times quoted were with 2600 mAh 18650 cells. Higher capacity cells will obviously give longer run times. Take along a second set of cells, and you can chase those buggers all night.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for something to take into the woods at night & light up wildlife from across fields. Some of which are easily several football fields from the road. I don't want to just see their eyes, but to easily make them out. I'm not concerned with cordless, but also don't want to have to mount it to a battleship to keep it steady. It needs to be able to be held & maneuvered by adolescents. Any suggestions?

Check out Vinh Nguyen's subforum. He is a modder and has plenty of lights that fit your requirements. The Fenix TK75vnQ would be an excellent canidate. I have done a review of it and have thread showing different lights of his I own at 300 meters so you can get an idea of what to expect to see at that distance. The thread is called Throwers Picture Comparison. If you have questions pm me.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am throwing out: Maxtoch sold by Mtn Electronics. I have the Sniper M24 Dedoomed. 300 yards is not a problem. Yes I know (dedomed)