Have you ever bought a flashlight....

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you ever bought a flashlight that just came out and regret your purchase after the CPF reviews went out?

No, although there were a few lights I regret buying after reading favorable reviews and comments. Different folks will judge products from different perspectives.

markr6

Flashaholic
Sort of. I purchased an Eagletac MX30L4XC Nichia 219B right when it came out. Actually, there were NO reviews...and still don't really know of any.

I'm currently trying to sell it, not becasue I don't like it, but because all 4x18650 lights are just too wide and heavy IMO.

I think it's strange only 1 or 2 members here, that I know of, have this light. I compare it to the Noctigon M43 since their LED setup is the same. Compared to my M43vn, I really think the MX30L4XC is a better light because:

1. It's a little bit longer and more comfortable to hold. Having it go a little past your palm just feels right.
2. On paper it's not a bright, but to my eyes it's darn close. But you can run the MX30L4XC indefinitely without it turning into a blazing fireball. After 5 minutes on turbo, it's still comfortable to hold in your hand.
3. Not only does it run cooler, but you get reasonable runtimes; no worry about killing 4 18650s in a matter of minutes.
4. SS bezel is a nice touch
5. It also has a rear switch. I find this awkward, but it's just an option.
6. It doesn't have that "modded" feeling. People complaining about cells, springs, etc on the M43. I just feel safer using the MX30L4XC.

I think the excitement, modding, and crazy output of the M43 simply beat the MX30L4XC. Too bad for eagletac, because they made one great light here that doesn't seem to sell. Mine is still for sale on Ebay with little activity :( So yes, I regret buying it.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I'm a newbie in the flashlight world. For my first purchase, I have hesitated betweem the MX30L4XC and the TM26. I bought the second one and happy with it.

For as I am concerned, I read a lot on the forum and I'm confuse because there is too much models. You begin with a choice and after reading, you have five or more...What is the better choice for me? Finally you make it and continue to ask youself if you make the good one.

When I came here for the first time 3 weeks ago, I was searching info on a chinese 5000 lumens headlight that I had bought. After the reading, I bought a TM26, MH20 and now I want a TM36...but it is a little bit pricy and I am not sure if I really need a thrower like this one.

I think when you are a little compulsif and buy the first one, it's gonna be never end because you want the better light for you and with so many choice and new lights, the game will never end. Too much readind, too much mixing. You use one or two lights, not 10 or 20...

It is like bigmacs that you eat for the first time and you want other ones the next day...

Ps Sorry for my english, french is my native speaking.

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Yes/no.... I've found that almost any light can be modded into something better.

That's the point. I don't want to break the wall of moded lights. If so, when it's gonna finish? When you finally be satisfied? More, more more... Need?...not really....only want the new stuff. A really disease but a funny one...

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you ever bought a flashlight that just came out and regret your purchase after the CPF reviews went out?

Well, my regret came when I used the light which had nothing to do with any reviews, a Nitecore EC4S. But that's a personal opinion and a personal regret. Now I have a light to lend my enemies.........should I ever acquire any.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Well, my regret came when I used the light which had nothing to do with any reviews, a Nitecore EC4S. But that's a personal opinion and a personal regret. Now I have a light to lend my enemies.........should I ever acquire any.

Can I be an enemy? :)

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Somebody have a place for a deal on a TM36 in the US? The best price on aliexpress is 317.00 us shipping included. I just bought my MH20 from this seller and very pleased with the transaction. Didn't have to pay for duty fees. The lowest price I have found in US is 399.00. Should I wait the black friday?

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
No but there have been several lights I wish I could have bought that I haven't. There have been several really good deals I wish I had been able to take advantage of but couldn't, for instance Markr6's Eagletac.

markr6

Flashaholic
No but there have been several lights I wish I could have bought that I haven't. There have been several really good deals I wish I had been able to take advantage of but couldn't, for instance Markr6's Eagletac.

I put it back up on ebay! One of those great lights where I think some close competition/alternatives make it take the back seat. I would have thought it would sell like crazy. Maybe it is and we don't hear about it here?

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only light I've bought since discovering cpf with no reviews was a custom that got mixed reviews when it came out. No regrets on it. Mine was an early one, and had some minor flaws but performed great.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes -but- I figure I'll just get the next and newer model when it comes out... much to my wife's dismay :)