What´s the Brightest little led flashlight ?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi :

I´m considering to make my first buy on one of the fine led flashlights, I am new to Led but used for years conventional mini flashlights, solitaires, Brinkmans, etc. I currently have a UKE 2AAA conventional xenon flashlight that I always carry with me (Got it attached to a swiss army knife )and use it almost every day, but i get tired of having to change the batts. almost every week because the beam goes dull.

Could any one of you guys direct me to the best little led flashlight for under lets say +- $100 ?

Considering it would ride on the pocket I would like something small but very powerful in white led, that will last longer than what I currently have, Saw some eternalights, pal lights and look nice, that turbospyder 10 led also looks tempting, but really don´t know whats the best of the best out there in the amazing world of led.

Another thing, If I were to compare the led flashlight to my UKE 2AAA is the difference to great ?

Thnx, and have a bright night :)

AlexGT

Doug

Enlightened
Oh yeah! Have I got a light for you... this little light is very bright, considering how small it is. The battery is suppose to last 12-14 hours (with the white one, much longer with other colors). This site sells them much cheaper than you usually find them (usually around $17).

Doug

photon_II_sm.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Doug on 01-16-2001 at 01:20 AM</font>

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Alex, I agree with Doug, if you want a bright LITTLE light the Photon pretty much sets the standard by which all others are compared against. I know of none brighter for size. One hell of a little light ( batt. changes can be a little troublesome). But it cannot compete with your better multi- LED lights. So you might want to ask yourself just how important is size. My guess is one LED light is not going to meet all your desires. But for around 100 bucks you can get several. Photon, Lightwave and Expedition. That ought to get you started. Sunblaster (a largely mythical creature that lurks around this forum taunting us with desire) and HDS later. Your UKE will be brighter than a Photon...for one hour...maybe...after that...well...

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by KenB on 01-16-2001 at 05:30 PM</font>

Brock

Flashaholic
LED lights are a differnt light. They are much smoother light output and maintain their color even as the batteries die. They are much better suited for close up work, like in a computer. They aren't nearly as tight of a beam of light as you get from the UKE.

I would also suggest a Photon II white. I have a LOT of info and at the bottom of my second LED page I have shots of all the differnt LED lights I have (their output) so you can compare them to one another.

I carry a White Photon II on me all the time with my keys and it isn't noticable at all.

Brock - http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/led.htm

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Doug

Is this little led brighter than the eternalight ? and about the luminosity thing compared to the UKE 2AAA any thoughts ?

Thnx again

AlexGT