Defunct brands

sonrider657

Newly Enlightened
What flashlight brands/companies have either gone out of business or have stopped making flashlights?

I know that Pentagonlight went out of business and Leupold quit making lights. Any others?

Are "orphan" flashlights especially collectable?

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
iTP which was made by Olight has been dissolved into just Olight and the previous models are no longer made except the successful iTP EOS is now called the Olight i3. I have an iTP SA2 2xAA which has infinite variable plus 3 fixed modes and strobe. I have no intention of selling it because you can't get them anymore.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Novatac, the real Novatac, lives on in Henry and his Ra lights.

druidmars

Enlightened
Anyone know if Dereelight is still around?

Dereelight yet lives although they ought to invest more in marketing or people are going to think they are dead. A quick search will point you to the main website and there you can also find their dealers.

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Barbolight was a Spanish company, which made very durable flashlights. Javier from Barbolight was a member here. Unfortunately, the company closed several years ago...

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Barbolight was a Spanish company, which made very durable flashlights. Javier from Barbolight was a member here. Unfortunately, the company closed several years ago...

I just heard that Javier is trying to restart things from a very reliable source-the economy is Spain was not economically conducive so he is starting up in another country...

grinsefalle

Enlightened
I just heard that Javier is trying to restart things from a very reliable source-the economy is Spain was not economically conducive so he is starting up in another country...

Sounds great, good luck to Javier! I was a big fan of Barbolights. Simple, reliable, great knurling on the body... Hopefully his project comes to life.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I miss Leef :(
:ohgeez:....... I feel dumb for forgetting that one. No offense, I guess it's because I was fortunate to get all the Leef bodies I wanted before Leef and then Lighthound vanished off the face of the flashaholic world.