Flashlight brands and manufacturers - so many but is there a list of qualities?

tom-

Enlightened
"come on mannnnn"-intelligent responses would be far more helpful to the op than simply resorting to childish name calling.

An 'executable' warranty is not an important quality when considering which maker to opt for?

A maker which correctly and lawfully labels its product as to country of origin isn't noteworthy?

Or was it that I mentioned an absolutely wonderful Company/Brand; fenixlighting.com that set you all off ???

nbp

Flashaholic
I think it was that you made the ridiculous assertion that Fenix is the only quality flashlight maker to buy from. Listen, we all like Fenix, but get some new material already; we've heard this speech before.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Recently I was trying to put glass in a Maglite XL 200 and screwed up. I asked Maglite if they sold reflectors for that style light as I had screwed up mine. They sent me a brand new head assembly for the cost of shipping.

tom-

Enlightened
so how about we go through the points and really help the op out; of the big names-which have parts stocking warranty centers here in the US-which warranties are the most inclusive-which offer the lights with the longest run times and the most useful levels of output and which lights are correctly labeled as to origin?

I only buy Fenix and only do business with fenixlighting.com for the all inclusive warranty- for the on shore service/support and for the unmatched performance both in run times AND length of operation, I don't believe any other maker offers the same combo of quality/design/support and performance..

Don't work for entities posted, receive no compensation for the posts and I believe both are supporters/advertisers here or am I mistaken?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks,

this is might be a silly question but for a noob in flashlights it would be nice to get a grounding in the current market. There seems to be a million brand names, but ... ... ... ... ...

best regards.

Andrew.

Welcome to CPF! We have lots of objective and subjective information on the entire spectrum of flashlights, but you have to bring your own popcorn. In addition to being a subjective issue, there is also the situation of: Individual specimens of same model by same manufacturer may vary.

My lights.

:welcome:

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
so how about we go through the points and really help the op out; of the big names-which have parts stocking warranty centers here in the US-which warranties are the most inclusive-which offer the lights with the longest run times and the most useful levels of output and which lights are correctly labeled as to origin?

I only buy Fenix and only do business with fenixlighting.com for the all inclusive warranty- for the on shore service/support and for the unmatched performance both in run times AND length of operation, I don't believe any other maker offers the same combo of quality/design/support and performance..

Don't work for entities posted, receive no compensation for the posts and I believe both are supporters/advertisers here or am I mistaken?

Other than Surefire, Elzetta, Malkoff, and all the other brands with their own forum here that are all USA made, like I mentioned Olight has excellent customer service here in the USA in Georgia.

I thought my X7 Marauder was having issues so I called Olight. They said I could send the light to them and they would repair or replace it. She also said she could just send me a new tailcap and see if that fixes it. I said yes. I had the new tailcap in 2 days with vinyl stickers and velcro morale patches for free.

Come to find out I just had nyogel on a couple contacts I couldn't see. I guess you're very myopic since you only buy one brand. Or possibly Olight and American made lights are out of your budget.

Edited to add: The Chinese made Olights only have a 5 year warranty, while the American made lights have lifetime warranties.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Pelican has a lifetime warranty except for damage by 5 year olds and grizzly bear attacks. Most if not all of their lights are made over seas now, but when my father in law poured coca cola into his to try to remove alkaleak and ruined it Pelican sent him a new one.

I just received one from Coast the other day where I asked if they sold the battery carrier separately. They sent me a brand new light. I sent an email on a Friday night and got a response that same evening from the president of coast with a link to fill out a warranty claim.

Gene Malkoff has personally taken care of a couple of issues I had.

Streamlight has done right by me a few times also.

I could keep going but just wanted to point out that there are a few light makers with pitb warranty programs but most are spot on at straightening things out.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
"come on mannnnn"-intelligent responses would be far more helpful to the op than simply resorting to childish name calling.

An 'executable' warranty is not an important quality when considering which maker to opt for?

A maker which correctly and lawfully labels its product as to country of origin isn't noteworthy?

Or was it that I mentioned an absolutely wonderful Company/Brand; fenixlighting.com that set you all off ???
Aren't Fenix that flashlight brand that don't seem to understand the concept of neutral white, High CRI or moonlight modes??? :wave:

1996alnl2

Newly Enlightened
Those 21700 cells are awkwardly large, too big for an EDC flashlight in my opinion.

Latest posts