Best 2xAA Light

BigHutch

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix E20 and a Nitecore MT2A and have been looking at other lights like the EagleTac D25A2 and the FourSevens QK2A-X. I will mainly use the lights for Hunting/Outdoors and just out and about in general. I'd like to invest in several good quality 2xAA lights, so I'd like to get the "best" one.

In your opinion what is the best 2xAA light? Specifically highest output and run-time.

Thanks!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
TK20. But it is an older discontinued model. I guess right now the Foursevens 2A-X is my best but also like the 4/7 2XAA twisty which is probably the most used within that class.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with the Eagletac D25A2 Clicky! It's the best light I have found with a great UI. I love being able to turn the mode memory on and off as well as select the levels for the lower modes. The runtimes are great, output is plenty for what a 2xAA is used for, and they are very well made, mine has taken quite a beating and so far the only issue is I broke the lens but replacements can be had. IlluminationGear/com has them on sale right now for 45 bucks.

BigHutch

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm also looking at the Fenix LD22 (2015).

TheVat26

Enlightened
I really like my Streamlight ProTac 2AA. XPG2 led. It's "only" 155 max lumens but it has great throw to 45-50 yards and spill to about 20-25 yards. 10 tap programmable to set to either high/strobe/low, high only, or low/high. The switch has very good texture and it very responsive.
Runtime with eneloops is about 3.5-4 hours on high (till it steps to low). The only downside is the body isn't super grippy, but I've never had much trouble depressing the switch with the light sliding in the hand. Definitly won't tear pants pockets and the clip is robust. It's a very underrated light but worth every penny.

My second favorite is the Eagletac P20A2 (now discontinued). 453 lumens with the XM-L2. Very bright and floody, and plenty of throw/spill to 50 yards. The only downside is that battery life on max isn't too good and you end up with the medium mode, which is very good but mostly floody. Medium is good for about 20-25 yards throw/spill. It feels great in the hand but is on the larger side and more practical to carry in cargo pants versus jeans. The switch has good travel, but it isn't very responsive meaning that there is kind of a delay from switch depression to light. Almost like it has to load or power up.

i like bright lights like anyone here, but for me, a 2AA light doesn't have the battery capacity for sustained high outputs. The SL just worked for me of being super practical with the high being able to do the job as the default setting giving tons of close to medium range light with fantastic battery life. The low is very good in low light environments, but may be a bit bright for 2am night adapted eyes. Better suited for looking for something in your car.

CaptainPicard

Newly Enlightened
I only have one at the moment (Fenix LD22) and it's a good light. Mine's an older version with an XPG-R5 (190 Lumens max,) so the newer ones will be brighter on max I assume. Mine has a good mix of flood and throw, and has really good runtimes on Eneloops (that's all I've tried it with.) I can't comment on the other lights mentioned here, but the LD22 is a good light in its own right.

BigHutch

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered the Fenix LD22 (2015)... I'll try it and the others you guys suggested also, thanks!