Streamlight HL3 1100 lumens

domx

Newly Enlightened
So, I have been a flashlight collector for some time and actually use many of my flashlights regularly. I have most Nitecore, Zebralight and Thrunite models and many from Olight and Fenix and others too. From the tiniest usb charging Quantum D2 to the largest Nitecore TM 36.
I recently purchased a Streamlight HL3 from a reputable source and I am very disappointed with the build and quality, compared to other flashlights I have. Is it that Streamlight are over priced and over-rated or is it just this model that is inferior? Sure with the amount of flashlights I have some have had a few quality control issues with Fenix, Thrunite and a few others but they have been fixed or replaced by manufacturer.
The Streamlight HL3 feels awful to hold to me. The quality of machining and the coating leaves much to be desired and the tactical switch is extremely sensitive and does not feel like it will last long. Drop this flashlight from a couple of feet and it will flicker on / off, unlike so many others that can take knocks and falls from much further distances. The coating scratches so much easier than others too. I cannot believe that these could survive being mounted to weapons.
This flashlight isn't even nice to use.
Heard bad things about Fenix but, in my experience, other than a few tail-switch quality control issues that were easily fixed and one side switch having issues switching off, they seem much better than this Streamlight.
What are other members' thoughts and experiences with Streamlight?