*new*: Fenix E35UE-2016 version: upgrade with constant turbo and two buttons

kj75

Enlightened
Earlier found in the 2016-catalog, official released at webpage now:

http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=2198&tid=11&cid=1#.Vpd3VfnhDRY

vsmfll.jpg

2jcyc0j.jpg

2hpqhhk.jpg

Better UI thanks to the two buttons. The one button for all and the boost mode was not my favorite..

But still in blister....I don't like boxes that I have to cut...

Last edited:

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Why does Fenix keep missing (imho) on their UI? If you have 2 buttons, make 1 for on/off and the other for modes. Also the hold for on/off is anoying. And they are ruining lights that had a good UI with new updates (tk75, hl30,...). It still is beyond me.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do they keep making lights with quick access to STROBE and SOS?

WE DONT NEED THEM!!!

Nitecore has learnt the lesson and now they have one button for power and the other for mode cycling. Olight has learnt the lesson and now they hid aux modes. Meanwhile fenix keeps making buttons dedicated to useless modes

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
so its an 18650 version of the E25UE...I like the slim form factor of the E25UE that and it has 10000 CD..this is a confusing one from Fenix

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does Fenix keep missing (imho) on their UI? If you have 2 buttons, make 1 for on/off and the other for modes. Also the hold for on/off is anoying. And they are ruining lights that had a good UI with new updates (tk75, hl30,...). It still is beyond me.

Holding for on/off is definitely annoying. I would have liked this to use XP-L HI.

1DaveN

Enlightened
In my opinion, it's all up to individual taste. I haven't had any problem or confusion with the dual switch on the E25UE, and having to hold the switch for half a second isn't a problem for me either. If I haven't used it for a long time, it takes me one try to remember to hold for half a second, but after that it's second nature. If you're not going to have a tail switch, my preference is to avoid accidental activation more than worrying about the half second button press.

wjv

Enlightened
50 lumens for 40 hours?

If this is even 75% close to reality this would make a nice emergency light.

In ceiling bounce mode 50 lumens is more than enough for room illumination.

I have the 2015 (?) version of the E35UE and like it. Yes it is a single button light with the 0.5 second delay. But as a General Purpose home light it's great. I think that adding the disco mode button to the light accomplishes absolutely nothing! Besides, I REALLY don't want to be trying to turn my light on/off or changing modes, and hitting that stupid disco mode instead!

BTW: The prior model (E35UE) (! 2016) has a very clean and floody beam.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do they keep making lights with quick access to STROBE and SOS?

WE DONT NEED THEM!!!

Nitecore has learnt the lesson and now they have one button for power and the other for mode cycling. Olight has learnt the lesson and now they hid aux modes. Meanwhile fenix keeps making buttons dedicated to useless modes

That is a strobe/sos dedicated switch? I was about to really like this smaller E35ue format for being the more general purpose "E" series, but with amazing power. But that is just dumb. You guys are right that Fenix should just make one the on off switch and the other switch the mode switching button. WHO THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA.... just have it cycle through all 6 modes including the strobe/sos if you must, but don't have them on a separate switch. Nobody uses them enough to justify it. And this light isn't even "tactical" so why have a dedicated strobe button that isn't really a dedicated strobe button. okay /rant.

I actually love my E50 that has this UI, but with only one button and no strobe/sos at all, but I feel like having 2 buttons that BOTH have half second on/off functions and both change modes is just too complicated. I don't really understand why Fenix went this route. Again, it would make much more sense to just make the bottom one the dedicated and immediate on off switch. And it's not like it is a lock-out function either as if it gets squished in a bag it definitely could still turn the light on. I don't know... Fenix is definitely my favorite light maker, but they seem to be really hit or miss sometimes.

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the original TK75 because it has the right button for ON/OFF and the left button for modes.

That is simple.

I still use it a lot.

I bought the TK75 2015 Edition and I don't like the UI that it has.

Holding down the ON/OFF button for 0.5 second annoys me a lot.

Why did they have to make that change that is also on the new E35UE 2016 Version?

CHEERS

zycker_

Newly Enlightened
I've bought that light from the official shop with a nice price. This will come in replacement of my old TK35 1st edition.
This is my most powerful light and I'm glad to see that in 4-5 years I can get more lumens for longer with 1x 18650 less than my TK35 :)
I would have prefered to see some reviews before buying but with the small price that's ok.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the original TK75 because it has the right button for ON/OFF and the left button for modes.

That is simple.

I still use it a lot.

I bought the TK75 2015 Edition and I don't like the UI that it has.

Holding down the ON/OFF button for 0.5 second annoys me a lot.

Why did they have to make that change that is also on the new E35UE 2016 Version?

CHEERS

The newest TK75 has a .5 second on/off? Why? I thought it always used the dedicated on off button.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the ability to lock the buttons against accidental activation.
Also the burst function has been replaced by a true level Turbo (5 minutes limit before automatic step)
Seems like a good upgrade, I am tempted to buy one.

zycker_

Newly Enlightened
I've received mine yesterday. No outdoor testing for the moment.
It's nicely finished, just as all the Fenix lights I've own, or Thrunite.
It's size is exactly what I expected and quiet light is hand.
I'm running it with 3000mAh li-ion battery, I've chose the neutral white and it is.
No big change in power output compared to my 820lm TK35, the U35 have a wider and should have less throw distance.

So really what I struggle with is that is nearly impossible to turn on the light in the dark,
the buttons don't stand out and you can easily have the light the wrong way as you feel no big difference between rear and front.
The fact that there is no back switch was a bad surprise too but it is my fault to not seeing that before.
The feeling of the buttons isn't great, maybe too small for my thumbs.

No big crush for this light, I will give it a month but I might go with another model of 1x18650.

wjv

Enlightened
Have mostly bought Fenix lights. . .
But the last three I have bought have been Olights.

(S1, SR52UT, Mini SR II)

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newest TK75 has a .5 second on/off? Why? I thought it always used the dedicated on off button.

I really don't know why they did that delay.

I wonder sometimes how the brains trust (development team) comes up with these whacky ideas.

Don't you think one of them would learn english and read posts in this forum more frequently?

I think we should have a poll on this issue and send the results to all light manufacturers that we will boycott any lights that have delays for turning their lights on.

CHEERS

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a few days ago the E35 UE (2016)
I have not used much but it made me a very good impression, the spot is very wide, it is much brighter than my old PD35 (2013 version)
The copy which I received has a very nice tint, I am satisfied.
A small cannon of light in a few centimeters of length :)

Small E35 UE video: