The L6 super mod

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened
Well I've done it now! I just took my almost new L6 and pulled out the converter board and stuck in a DB1000 to drive that 5 watt luxeon. And here in my lab of doom and destruction it looks allfully bright. I can't wait for dark
to take it outside. This is what I get for staying in the lab reading about the things our fellow CPF'ers are doing. I end up having bad ideas. I don't know how long the 5 watter will take it, but boy oh boy its pulling 1.25 amps
out of 2 pila 150s batterys. I don't think that in the L6
body I will have to much trouble with heat. Well I can say this right now it's alive master it's alive.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chace of... well... beamshots! Or just pictures of the setup since it's still light out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious. Why not just use the stock down converter?

CM

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
Any chace of... well... beamshots! Or just pictures of the setup since it's still light out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]Well for one thing my camera is giving me fitts trying to get the pictures out. I think that I will have to get one of those card readers to make it work right.

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CM said:
Just curious. Why not just use the stock down converter?

CM [/quote I would have liked to do that but I didn't know
how to change it and I have had this db1000 for about a month and a half. and I know that it works. I have only just
started getting into regulated led lighting and don't know everything about the curcuits yet I have some training in
electronics but not enough to be like you wizards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened
By the way here in the lab of doom and destruction I have just shined it on the cealing along with my L5 and the L6 totaly wipes out the beam from the L5. Shades of charlie
This is fun. My next idea is to get a pr-t kit and put it
togeather. I sure am glad that Im using rechargable Pila's
because this could get real expensive. Heck Just the top
quility lights arnound CPF are expensive enough my wife thinks I need help. Well its about 21/2hours to good and dark. I think that I will go outside with it when I snow blow the walks