Need Help Finding an Appropriate Mount

fadetoblack73

Newly Enlightened
I have a light that I want to use as a weapon-mounted light on my AR-15. I know that this sounds like a simple endeavor. However, I am having trouble finding a mount to fit the light. The light that I want to use measures 22mm across the diameter of the body. All of the mounts that I can find fit a larger 1 inch body and won't tighten up around my smaller light. I also want a mount that uses a 'lever-lock' quick disconnect. I can find numerous examples of this type of mount from several manufacturers that fit the larger lights.

Does anyone know of a mount that fits smaller lights or a way to make the more common mounts fit the smaller light?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the light you are trying to mount?

Bravo Company seems to offer a pretty wide range of mounts and some are rated to around that diameter.

Midway has a Mako mount rated at .75" which is smaller than your light.
I actually have the same mount and it is pretty nice.

Last edited:

fadetoblack73

Newly Enlightened
What is the light you are trying to mount?

Bravo Company seems to offer a pretty wide range of mounts and some are rated to around that diameter.

Midway has a Mako mount rated at .75" which is smaller than your light.
I actually have the same mount and it is pretty nice.

Thank you for your reply. The light that I want to use is a PowerTac E5.

I really want to use this mount, except it doesn't fit smaller diameter lights.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BC56IB2/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_t4rZwb6DD13DR

I really like the Thorntail brand of mounts. But they don't make anything with a quick disconnect.

Last edited:

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I have tried those mounts and the solution to using smaller diameter "filler" to close the gap is simple. It can be something like some silicone sheeting material or even inner tube rubber. Worse case? A bunch of electrical tape where clamp will tighten on.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there some reason you are not using the mount that they sell for this light on the Powertac website?
I have to imagine that it will work.

MX421

Enlightened
I have tried those mounts and the solution to using smaller diameter "filler" to close the gap is simple. It can be something like some silicone sheeting material or even inner tube rubber. Worse case? A bunch of electrical tape where clamp will tighten on.

Some of the mounts i have (both weapon and bike) have inserts included with them. They are hard plastic so i would think finding something similar or m4a1usr's suggestion would work on the mounts you have.

freefly

Newly Enlightened
I have a light that I want to use as a weapon-mounted light on my AR-15. I know that this sounds like a simple endeavor. However, I am having trouble finding a mount to fit the light. The light that I want to use measures 22mm across the diameter of the body. All of the mounts that I can find fit a larger 1 inch body and won't tighten up around my smaller light. I also want a mount that uses a 'lever-lock' quick disconnect. I can find numerous examples of this type of mount from several manufacturers that fit the larger lights.

Does anyone know of a mount that fits smaller lights or a way to make the more common mounts fit the smaller light?
The VTAC mount should work, but it's not QD. If you want to step up to a quality QD mount, there are options from Vltor ($75+) and Larue ($120+) that would work. :thumbsup:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Freefly is correct. The only quality throw lever light mounts designed to fit a light like yours are the VLTOR (designed with ADM) and LaRue.

I own several LT606s, and recommend them without reservation. The VLTOR mount appears to place the light much closer to the rail than the LaRue, which may be a benefit.