Is the Surefire m3lt kx9tc-s head removable???

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I cant seem to find a definitive answer on this, I have found the old 400 lumen m3lt heads are removable but then I have heard the newer ones are "sealed" onto the bodies and can't be removed yet I have heard from other sources they can in fact be removed there may just be loctite holding it... Has anyone personally done this with success? Please don't hesitate to respond! My plan is to remove it and possibly use it on my old Incan M6 body if possible.

thanks

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mode is controlled by the tail cap switch.
I've never taken the tail cap apart, but have read that there's a resistor that controls.

If I pull the tail cap off of my Devastator and put on the M3LT-S it defaults to high only. The tail cap from the M3LT-S on the Devastator only gives single mode, which is 225 or 350 lumens depending on bulb installed.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I pull the tail cap off of my Devastator and put on the M3LT-S it defaults to high only.

Ok, that's the answer I was looking for. With the older 400 lumen M3LT, if you removed the head and placed it on a standard M3 or M6 it would only power on in low mode. I guess they changed that with the newer model so that it powers on in high mode.