Wanting a 1x18650/2xCR123A EDC. Fenix PD35 or Nitecore P12GT?

Heyjowee

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a duty flashlight and like PD35 and P12GT primarily because of their sleek design, modes, and battery choices.

They're both the same price on Amazon and I was wondering which one you guys would recommend or if there are any other alternatives that are competitively priced that I may be not aware of.

I currently carry a Surefire E2D with a KL4 head. I'm wanting something about the same size, but really need more output that will comfortably fit in my front pocket.

Thanks!

Vlada1911

Newly Enlightened
Bump for this guy since I'm also interested (I have P12gt incoming ).

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Id go for the pd35 2014 version/ pd35tac if i had to pick between the 2 mainly because the slight delay when turning on the p12gt. It isnt much of a delay but annoying enough for me that i sold it. More noticeable when using momentary.

To expand your options on the type of light youre shopping for (1inch,tail switch, side button change modes) check out olight m1x striker, fenix pd32 2016 version,thrunite tn12, acebeam ec32, eagtac dx30lc2, armytek c2 pro and im sure i left out some.

Not sure if you knew or not but the beam profiles are different between the 2 that you're looking at, pd35 is more floody and the p12gt has a more focused hot spot for further throw. Hope that helps

Last edited:

1DaveN

Enlightened
I agree on the PD35, which is my favorite of any light I've owned or even used.

At some point, Fenix is going to release an RC-series light with a built-in charger that might be interesting (you can find their 2016 catalog in the Fenix forum). However, it doesn't have a tail switch, and I use the momentary feature on the PD35 all the time.

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
I'm looking for a duty flashlight and like PD35 and P12GT primarily because of their sleek design, modes, and battery choices.

They're both the same price on Amazon and I was wondering which one you guys would recommend or if there are any other alternatives that are competitively priced that I may be not aware of.

I currently carry a Surefire E2D with a KL4 head. I'm wanting something about the same size, but really need more output that will comfortably fit in my front pocket.

Thanks!

I dont think that that you can go wrong with either one.

If you are willing to move up from the "cigar flashlights" to something with a little bit larger head like the Nitecore MH27 (next on my list to get) or the Fenix TK16 (which I have) you will gain more throw (MH27 is 462 meters vs the P12GT's 320 meters); and more beam intensity (MH27 is 53,500cd vs the P12GT's 25,700cd). In the case of the MH27 you also get R/G/B LEDs for close up work and in flashlight battery charging so you can keep it topped off in the car.

IMO both the Nitecore MH27 and the Fenix Tk16 are pocketable as well but the everyone sees the size/power trade off differently.

I have compared the Nitecore P12GT to my Fenix TK16 and the Nitecore has a tighter beam and longer throw than the Fenix TK16. The Fenix has more "spill" but a shorter throw.

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/mh27

http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-tk16-led-flashlight/

Whatever you decide make sure you take a look at the group buys. I bought a couple of the P12GT's from Dazed1 the other day and he has been terrific and very responsive.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?213-dazed1-s-Deals

This is a great forum and others here are more experienced than I and I am sure that they will comment further.

I hope that this is helpful.

Bob