Olight S1---suspiciously low price

faucon

Enlightened
I was looking at reviews and found on Amazon that a company calling itself the iM-Store claims to be offering the S1 for $13.07 plus $4.99 shipping. This sounds very fishy, and I wonder whether there are counterfeits of this (or other) lights floating around now that we should be aware of.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at reviews and found on Amazon that a company calling itself the iM-Store claims to be offering the S1 for $13.07 plus $4.99 shipping. This sounds very fishy, and I wonder whether there are counterfeits of this (or other) lights floating around now that we should be aware of.

I wouldnt worry much man. You are covered by Amazon's warranty for all third party sellers so there is no risk really.

faucon

Enlightened
I hope you're right. I have an S1 already but was considering getting another, and wondered if I paid too much after seeing this lowball price. I still think something's not right here---as they say, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
I wouldnt worry much man. You are covered by Amazon's warranty for all third party sellers so there is no risk really.

Worry or not, at that price it really seems fishy. You could of course go for it (that price shouldn't break the bank), check if it is counterfeit. If it isn't, great, you just got hell of a bargain. If it is, warranty the light and report the seller. Could be interesting to see how good a knock-offs they can make these days.
I say check the Amazon warranty (will it cover you) and buy it, but report back. Always entertaining to see a good bargain or a good knock-off.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I had it several times before that the seller would back out claiming to be out of stock and then immediately relist the item. Sometimes amazon screws up the listings and posts the wrong price. The sellers then backs out after the order is placed so if I see an overly cheap price on Amazon I don't bother.

faucon

Enlightened
I had it several times before that the seller would back out claiming to be out of stock and then immediately relist the item. Sometimes amazon screws up the listings and posts the wrong price. The sellers then backs out after the order is placed so if I see an overly cheap price on Amazon I don't bother.

I took a screen shot of the Amazon page with the above low price, just to prove to myself that it was really the way I remembered. I think you may be right about the seller pulling something---as I recall, they claimed that there was only one S1 still in stock. I'll bet that if somebody tried to order one, they'd be given some excuse and never get it at that price. On the opposite end of ridiculous, I found a company on Amazon called Kamoltech offering an S1 for $101.83!

Last edited:

Flashlightman.com

Newly Enlightened

MAP on the Olight S1 is $49.95 If You see it for less, it is probably not a Store, that is going to exist for a long time.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
What warranty? Amazon states: "When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return will be sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com's, some seller returns policies may vary." If you have to return the item with tracking at your cost, it may be pointless to demand a refund.

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Well if that isn't a red flag for a shady transaction... You know what they say about things which seem 'too good to be true'...

faucon

Enlightened
Post a link

I took a screen shot of the page with the low price, partly because when I copied the link it didn't seem to direct to the same page I found the price on. However, I'm unable to attach the screen shot to my post. I'd be happy to send the pic on request.

Last edited: