Tail Switch Sticking on NITEYE EYE12

jag-engr

Enlightened
I have a NITEYE EYE12 that I really like. It is a (2)AA light with a forward clicky and a continuously variable magnetic selector ring.

My only complain with the light (aside from the arbitrary capitalization in the product name) is that the forward clicky switch is absolute rubbish. When it is clicked on, the clicking mechanism sticks and the switch cannot be operated. Fortunately, it sticks in the ON position I can simply turn the light off via the selector ring. I actually don't mind doing this, but I find the useless clicky switch to be very annoying and a little disconcerting. I'm unsure of how reliably the light will work.

Do I simply have a defective switch or is this a common defect with this light? If it is out of the ordinary for this light, I will just see if the manufacturer will send me a replacement switch.

If it turns out to be a QC issue across the board with these lights, can anyone recommend a clicky switch that will fit in the EYE12 tailcap? I don't mind ordering a better clicky and swapping it out myself.

Alternately, does anyone know of a flat tailcap that I could swap out for the clicky? Since I'm not using the switch most of the time, I'd be fine with a solid connection. I have an EYE10 that operates solely by magnetic ring, and I have never had a problem with it.