Raptor flashlight

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
expected bulb life is 2000 hours? Looks like an old XM-L guess it must be a mystery Chinese copy of the old XM-L. Actual Cree XM-L is certainly capable of that output but with a bulb life of 2000 hours its a cheap Chinese knock off of the old XM-L. Actual output capability is a total mystery. "World class engineering?" er....there are many many many far higher quality brand name LED lights of like size and output for about the same price give or take 10 bucks. Avoid this light it may very well be a fire hazard.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
You are right,the dealer couldn't or didn't want to tell me what led is in the light. All they said is its an 800 lumen led. So I think with ur advise I am gonna stay away. Appreciate the help again .
I really liked the design it kinda reminded me of a certain custom I have seen somewhere.?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the dealer likely has no clue what is in it. It looks indeed like the old Cree XM-L(note the 3 thin wires connecting to one side of the LED=XM-L)but with a bulb rating of 2000 hours? Cree XM-L is good for 40,000 hours or more. Tells me mystery Chinese XM-L rip off..wiring contact points are likely soldered so lightly the solder points would break should you drop it.

Here is a light that has been around awhile and is a proven design. The ad claims 960 lumens but actual out the front is just above 800 still a great solid light.
http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/p25