Bad service! Am I being fussy what's your view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arf69

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys I have just purchased a new xstar charger from a uk company which will remain nameless until they respond. Note this is the 2nd time this has happened and it wasn't resolved the last time. Anyway I have just paid for what I would class a premium charger for my batteries and I feel this may be used. Would you all agree when you buy a new product it should come sealed in a box??
The product I have received looks far from new the box has clearly been opened. Can anyone advise how to upload pics on this app ??

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Return it as opened and non-acceptable.We have very specific laws in the UK helping the consumer.That box should have had a seal on it.I use 3 or 4 UK vendors who are known on this forum and I can tell you they would not be sending rubbish like that out at all.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
I really don't like,what looks to be a used or a returned flashlight in the mail when you have paid for a new one. I check it over,and if its not scratched anywhere I just accept it as is,and life goes on. OP,if the light looks new,and works like new,heck keep it. It's still under warranty. Why waste ur time,and enjoy the light.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I really don't like,what looks to be a used or a returned flashlight in the mail when you have paid for a new one. I check it over,and if its not scratched anywhere I just accept it as is,and life goes on. OP,if the light looks new,and works like new,heck keep it. It's still under warranty. Why waste ur time,and enjoy the light.
ditto

sometimes you just have to remember.... keep the big things big, and the little things little.

idk... what is it, $30? It's not worth the postage sending it back and forth. The time packaging it, etc. IF this seems to be standard procedure with this company... buy somewhere else.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ This.

Life is a battle. Save your bullets for other skirmishes.

I personally do not think you are being too fussy. But this is apparently the 2nd time said company did something sketchy....
3rd time should be avoided.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
^^ This.

Life is a battle. Save your bullets for other skirmishes.

I personally do not think you are being too fussy. But this is apparently the 2nd time said company did something sketchy....
3rd time should be avoided.
Scotty once said..."fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me."
It seems you already gave them a second chance.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would name and shame,professional UK companies do not do this type of thing,many makers even have a printed warning."Do not accept if seal is broken"

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
awesome I did not know the UK had consumer protection laws like this! Beats the US! I myself would indeed send it back for an unopened unit...

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
awesome I did not know the UK had consumer protection laws like this! Beats the US! I myself would indeed send it back for an unopened unit...

We do, and in the first month it is our choice either refund replace or repair.I recently bought Battery operated iPad stylus once home the seal had been broken,right back in there for another.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Ok, has been two days with no input from the OP re: which subforum is desired for this thread, so I'm just going to close the thread since it doesn't belong in /General/ per my post & query from ~two days ago. Can reopen & move to an appropriate subforum if/when clarification is rec'd from the OP.

Best regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.