Source for mini-goosenecks?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Greets to the forum from a newbie.
smile.gif

I have constructed a couple of LED arrays mounted on old credit cards (weight) to be used as positionable modeling lights for closeup photography that will be attached to the camera for portability. The prototype uses 3 9v batts in series driving 2 pairs of 7-LED arrays wired in parallel. I'm using Nichia NSPW500BS's I got from Paul at whiteLEDs.net in a 3-4-4-3 pattern, and the digital camera just loves their color temp.

I've scoured the web and can't come up with a source for the super flexible mini-goosenecks like the ones they use for lab microscope fiber optic lighting (that is NOT already filled with fiber). Length of each arm around 18 inches. I know I can cobble up something
tongue.gif
but I want it to look reasonably nice after all this time & $$.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Any leads, suggestions, or comments welcome.

TIA, Ritch

hmmwv

Newly Enlightened
Ritch -

Go to your nearest machine shop supply store (rutland supply is one in san jose) - they have this material that is a hollow tube made up of several "jointed" segments meant to spray oil on the cutting tool for cooling - it's a plastic "gooseneck" that you can run wires down - I've seen it used before to make gooseneck LEDs. It's about the only gooseneck I know of you can just walk in and buy by the foot.

If you ask for "cutting fluid flexible tubing" they'll know what it is.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what I can track down 'round these parts.

Best, Ritch