RIP Prince

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
*** Some posts were moved from the "What are you listening to" thread. - Empath ***

To be honest, I was never a big of of Prince. But I respect his talent and the mark he left on this world. It could be a case of me not giving him a fair chance solely based on my perceived image of him kind of ripping off Jimi Hendrix and Little Richard, but I didn't even think twice about him over the decades. But in hindsight, I cannot deny his talent...there is no way he could have become the legend he has become and endured that legend through the years without having some real, serious talent.

I'm going to listen to some of his music, and really give him the fair shot he likely deserved from me many years ago, and look past the image that may have swayed my opinion of him back in the day.

RIP Prince. Whether I like him or not, his music has without a doubt made many, many people's live's happier.

Last edited by a moderator:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Can the Purple One not play guitar? See for yourself and be the judge in your own court of ruling: :grin2:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent years trying to find The Undertaker by Prince. Seriously. I was able to finally secure it about two months ago through no easy effort. It was easily my grail Prince song.

And now, apparently, and unfortunately, the song seems so apropo...

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I spent years trying to find The Undertaker by Prince. Seriously. I was able to finally secure it about two months ago through no easy effort. It was easily my grail Prince song.

Haven't heard that one, what album is it on?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
RIP, I have always appreciated his music and talent despite not being a huge fan, as is my wife. He was a greatly underrated guitarist, and an advocate for musicians rights.

His music and influence will be missed.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
57 is way too young.

I was never a big Prince fan, but he had guitar chops that came pretty close to Hendrix. And he could play a number of instruments.

RIP purple one. The world has lost another great musical talent. :candle:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Should also mention:

A huge part of the Prince ethos revolved around the legendary stories of other people who had met him; these are fabulous historically Hollywood-esque tales the likes of which could fit no other person. If you haven't heard some of them before, even if you're not really a fan of his music, these accounts stand on their own as true entertainment.

Jimmy Fallon plays ping-pong with Prince:

Charlie Murphy (Eddie Murphy's brother) goes to a Prince party in the 80's (language NSFW); Prince played by Dave Chappelle:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Dave Chappelle/Charlie Murphy skit is hilarious! I recently found out that Prince made a single called "Breakfast Can Wait" with a picture of Dave from the sketch dressed as Prince, serving pancakes! :laughing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_Can_Wait

26595182872_5eab9bb010_o.jpg

Last edited: