Mountain Electronics Mega M6 Flood 9,000+ OTF lumens

legendofzelda

Newly Enlightened
first time seeing this one... hmmmm looks good.

Need beamshots though. How can companies make a flashlight like this without providing a beamshot?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks nice, that is a lot of bang for the buck for sure. I like seeing the Nichia options there, too. The UI seems very intuitive as well.

Esko

Enlightened
Need beamshots though. How can companies make a flashlight like this without providing a beamshot?
Eventually there will be beamshots
This item is right up my alley. I will patiently await beamshots.

Well it looks like it has the same leds and lenses that are used in Noctigon Meteor (the same number & positioning, too). I would be surprised if there was any noticeable difference in beamshots (except a little difference in output).

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it looks like it has the same leds and lenses that are used in Noctigon Meteor (the same number & positioning, too). I would be surprised if there was any noticeable difference in beamshots (except a little difference in output).

This.

The light in question is a Supfire M6 that has been modded by Mountain Electronics. The new light features a new driver, copper stars, new optics, better wire, spring bypass, etc.

Mountain Electronics is the "go-to" store for flashlight modders. It's the best shop on the internet for buying parts and drivers for the hobbyist flashlight modder. Mountain Electronics also sells some modded lights, like this M6. You can be assured that anything they sell will be of high quality. Also when, they predict 12,000 lumens out-the-front they really mean it. It's not just marketing hype.

The beam pattern will be the same as any light using the popular Carclo 10507 optic given the same choice of emitter. This includes most pocket-sized small triples as well as the Noctigon M43. The only real difference should be output: the new M6 should be vastly brighter than any small triple and a noticeably brighter than the M43. Basically, if you've seen a pocket triple, you probably have a good idea of what the beam pattern from this light should e like.

Richard, the owner of Mountain Electronics is also friends with Vinh. I believe Vinh gets many of his drivers and other supplies from Mountain Electronics.

Last edited:

ardvaark

Newly Enlightened
+1 to this. This Richard is a surgeon. The guys work in just incredibly fantastic. I have two of his level II M6 flashlights. I wonder if he will eventually call this new one a level 10? I'm trying like hell to grab one of these new ones but they sell out within minutes.....

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
got it. So 1,000 lumen lites are old hat and 2011 technology. The next barrier is 10,000 lumens and it has been broken as well.

I would feel more comfortable with 6x18650, arranged in the series of 3x18650 and 3x18650. Maybe even 9x18650 (3+3+3)

HIDSGT

Enlightened
so its the longer one to the left correct? I hope its not one of them soda can flooders cause their utterly useless