Batteries for Four Sevens cr123a lights.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
I emailed FOURSEVENS to find out what secondaries I can buy that will work with their cr123a lights. I just got a quark Smart 2 cr123a light and bought the aw RCR123a batteries they have on their site and they don't fit. I also have a first gen quark and bought an additional turbo head for it. I can't find batteries that fit that won't trip the protection circuit on turbo or high. Has anyone had any luck?

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Does the info that came with your light say anything about (R)CR123 compatible? I don't own this light but I know some lights are not compatible because of the bore size and the RCR123/16340
voltage is higher and may not work. But as you said, you emailed 47s and I would wait to hear from them.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
No it doesn't state (R)CR123 compatible. It does mention it can handle the voltage I have many lights that don't specifically state that particular battery as compatible but they are.. It's honestly the difference of a couple mm so I don't understand why they would limit their lights other than for he fact they sell batteries by subscription. Maybe the battery business is better than the flashlight business???

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Looking at their website it looks like the Quark Smart is compatible with RCR123/16340 cells, and looking at the AW RCR123 they sell there is a warning of using them with a couple other lights but not the Quark Smart light. Those are ICR cells with protection and are probably bigger than IMR cells that should fit. I guess they are not aware of the fitment issue with those cells. The batteries there are kinda on the pricy side compared to other vendors that sell those AW batteries fwiw.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
They've asked for pictures of the batteries I'll get those over in the morning and go from there.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
After sending all the pictures they didn't know why the batteries wouldn't fit.... Beyond the batteries not fitting the light was not operating correctly. While using the Pro interface the tail cap would not perform consistently. Sometimes you could double click it and it would advance to the next mode other times it would just turn off. Then I noticed that having the light in my right pocket and phone in my left the light would loose connection and go into a "find me" state and would start strobing on high. That really won't work if I plan to EDC this light especially if I have it on my nightstand or dresser. Foursevens has refunded my money and asked me to return the light to them. Even though the product wasn't quite what I wanted it to be they made the situation right and really went above and beyond by giving me a refund before the product was even returned.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
After sending all the pictures they didn't know why the batteries wouldn't fit.... Beyond the batteries not fitting the light was not operating correctly. While using the Pro interface the tail cap would not perform consistently. Sometimes you could double click it and it would advance to the next mode other times it would just turn off. Then I noticed that having the light in my right pocket and phone in my left the light would loose connection and go into a "find me" state and would start strobing on high. That really won't work if I plan to EDC this light especially if I have it on my nightstand or dresser. Foursevens has refunded my money and asked me to return the light to them. Even though the product wasn't quite what I wanted it to be they made the situation right and really went above and beyond by giving me a refund before the product was even returned.

I am holding off on the Smart Quarks till these bugs are worked out. Love the originals however!