Armytek Pro V3, smallest production light with 2300 lumens? Any competition for it?

DMS1970

Enlightened
First of all, I know that Armytek has taken a beating for quality. I don't own one, and haven't owned one, but I am considering this one. I know it is more of a headlamp style than a flashlight, but at roughly 1" diameter x 4.25" long with 2300 lumens on an XHP50, I find it pretty impressive. The runtimes seem decent, advertised at 2300 lumens for 1 hour. I'm sure it steps down. Could this light run at 1 hour above 1000 lumens with a single battery? Isn't Zebralight teasing about this bulb in an SC600? I know that the S2 (convoy, etc) can be modded well above this, most of the mods make more heat than light and run for a very short time. Why doesn't armytek have a similar flashlight?

DMS1970

Enlightened
The TM03 is quite a bit larger, and should handle the heat better, and it is only good for Short bursts of run time, but the Armytek is ok to leave on turbo?

the Olight R50 seeker and pro will be slightly larger with 2300/3200 lumens respectively, but they are not released yet. Potential heat management issues?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I now have 8 Armyteks. It has been a pain in the rear getting them though. First Viking Pro I ordered had an emitter 2mm off center the beam was all about messed up. So got that replaced luckily the replacement is perfect. I learned a lot about Armytek over the past 4 months during which I got all 8. Only buy off the AT website as a last resort. GG, illumn, Andrew and Amanda sell most the AT catalog and should something be wrong or go wrong it is far easier to deal with an independent retailer than it is to deal with AT themselves. Illumn has these in stock.

AT is claiming full stabilization in all 11 of its modes. In other words even the stoutest highest capacity cells wont last long. I will say though that when AT gets their QC right you will get a high quality product. I cannot even imagine having that much output coming out a head lamp I am wearing it would blind the hell out of me. Turbo 2 is 1100 lumens even then for me that would be to much, For what you get I say go for it. If something is wrong with it or goes wrong with it illumn will take care of you quickly. This new head lamp has a new generation thermal regulation. In other words high outputs dont last very long before it throttles back. A good thing. Something with that much power on your head without thermal management would burn you. Good luck...