Which surefire flashlight

unclebud

Newly Enlightened
I am new to the forum and need some advice. I am trying to decide which surefire to get. I have narrowed it down to either a 6px tactical or a P2XT-A fury tactical 600 lumen. This light would be used mainly for everyday carry and on occasion mounted to an AR15. Which one would you guys recommend or if there are other models, I am all ears. Thanks in advance.

VB Dad

Newly Enlightened
Recently picked up a P1R Peacekeeper. Comparable lumens, size and added bonus of using 18650's. More costly, but includes a good battery and fair charger.

SapperStyle

Newly Enlightened
The Fury has almost twice the lumens of the 6px. The 6PX is cheaper than the Fury. So you would need to decide on 320 lumens or the 600.

If you weapon mount, you would def want the single output, but the single output may hinder use during edc. Not all edc situations require 600 lumens.

I would recommend having a light that is dedicated to the weapon and another for edc use.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the Peacekeeper for what you describe. Especially for EDC. It runs 18650 cells! Forget buying CR123s. I am sure it can handle the gun shock. If you are mainly EDC planning I strongly suggest you stay away from single mode 600 lumen tactical light. That thing could be eye melting bright when you may just need 45 lumen but you are stuck with 600! The Peacekeeper is gonna give you 600 when you first hit the button, so that is still "tactical", then double click for 15 lumen low. Great for tasks. Just a thought.

Inebriated

Newly Enlightened
I am new to the forum and need some advice. I am trying to decide which surefire to get. I have narrowed it down to either a 6px tactical or a P2XT-A fury tactical 600 lumen. This light would be used mainly for everyday carry and on occasion mounted to an AR15. Which one would you guys recommend or if there are other models, I am all ears. Thanks in advance.
For the price of the Fury, I'd just get two G2X's, and stick one on the AR15 full-time. Does you no good to have a weaponlight that's not on the weapon.

There are other combos I use/would entertain, but without knowing what you want from an EDC and a rifle light, splitting the P2X into two G2X's makes the most sense to me.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fury is like a hand held spot light!

I bored mine to accept a 18650 rechargeable battery.

If you buy the Fury, you won't be thinking 'I wish I had a bit more light'!

It depends on what you want to use the light for.

SFP2XBored_zps492520ea.jpg

unclebud

Newly Enlightened
For the price of the Fury, I'd just get two G2X's, and stick one on the AR15 full-time. Does you no good to have a weaponlight that's not on the weapon.

There are other combos I use/would entertain, but without knowing what you want from an EDC and a rifle light, splitting the P2X into two G2X's makes the most sense to me.

That is a good idea, and the more I read about the peacekeeper, I think that may be the way to go.