re: PayPal -- read this first

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

re: PayPal -- read this first

1. PayPal takes only Visa or Mastercard.
2. You MUST have a "three digit security code on the back of your card" -- if it's not there - you can't use Paypal! --this after after filling out all their forms and giving them my credit card number (-- which they kept, thankyou...
mad.gif
)

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted, I don`t know if this helps but I got hung up on the same thing. I called my credit card company and they told me to look at the back af my card were my signature is. I did and found my card number printed their (under my signiture (on the tape)) and at the end 3 numbers. It worked
smile.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Just checked all my other credit cards. It`s there on all of them on the tape were you sign, last three digits.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I tried it again, the numbers were half rubbed out, but I'm pretty sure I got them right, but now I get this:
"We were unable to verify this credit card. Please make sure your credit card billing address matches your PayPal street address..." I tried changing my 'street address' to the 'billing address' but then they say that can't be done ... didn't work when I changed the billing address to my street address either..ahrg.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I don`t know...maybe try a different card? I only have one with a low intrest rate...all the others...ouch. Well maybe snail mail
tongue.gif

jbechto

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I use Paypal a lot, but......you need to be aware of some things about them.

1) The $5.00 bonus for signing up is a come on. It used to be a good offer, but now you have to enter your credit card, enter your bank account, deposit $100 and start a money market account with them before you or your referral party will ever see the bunus!

2) They are not FDIC insured, so watch you're balance!

As I said, I use them a lot, but I wouldn't let the balance get too high!

John

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info John. I`ll take it to heart and keep my balance under $100 or so
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

result of email to Paypal re: matching billing address with home address:

"...Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in responding
to your service request.
Your name, primary mailing address and phone number listed on your paypal
account must match your billing statement letter for letter, number for
number exactly. For example, if your street is shown as St. on your paypal
account but showing as Street on your statement this could cause the
discrepancy. If the system does not accept your entry you need to contact
the address verification department of your credit card company to see how
they have your name, address and phone number listed in their computers.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Laurie
PayPal Customer Service..."
====
...so it seems the Paypal system doesn't work if you have a primary mailing address different from your billing address...?
confused.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I use PayPal frequently, but I use the balance I keep in there since I have no credit cards. The only thing that occasionally mucks up on me is when I'm trying to pay someone who has set their account to automatically reject payments where the sender's street address is not shown.
And unless you have a credit card, your payments will all go out with no street address in them, and therefore, rejectable by the receiving party.

Nice, eh?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, my computer has come back to life, hopefully on a permanent basis. I just found out that my cute little AMD K6-II 500MHz processor eats Windows '95 alive, unless you download a patch. Since I knew nothing of this patch until today, my computer kept frying (and I had no idea why), and I kept having to reinstall Windows in order to keep going. And most of the time I couldn't even get out of safe mode unless I set my processor to run way under rated speed.
mad.gif

Now that the patch is in place, it booted up normally at 500MHz for the first time since the earthquake damaged my old mainboard.
This means I'm back on the e-mail train too.
Once I get the replacement monitor and some USB cables, I'll be good as new - better than new.
smile.gif

I'll be back later tonight to catch up on my reading... we got our dumpster back after a two day hiatus, so I have a bedroom to throw away today.
The living room's about 80% to maybe 85% done, the kitchen 95% to 97% done, the bath and bedroom about 60% to maybe 65% finished.
It will be good to have a clean house again.

Thanks again for all your help. I have a few more updates to add to my thank you page, which I'll repost shortly.

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net