Fenix LD41 960

willywonka8

Newly Enlightened
I am new to this forum as well as a new owner of a Fenix LD41. I have two quick questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. The first is that I noticed that after "playing" with my flashlight it will not go into turbo mode anymore, it just stays at the high level. I have changed the batteries and it will work in turbo mode again. Is this happening because I have depleted the batteries too far for it to operate in turbo mode? The second question I have, is there a decent holster for this flashlight? I am not too fond of the one that came with it. Thanks.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'd be helpful for you to list the battery brand, type, and model. (Alkaline can't sustain the current that NIMH can, some brands are more capable than others, etc.)

Also if you don't have a multimeter you should pick one up; doesn't cost that much and will allow you to check the voltage on the batteries. That will let you test the batteries depletion so you can track and report objectively.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
most Fenix holsters are terrible. Brands like Maxpedition and 5.11 may have a high quality holster that will fit it. As for your cells yes what are you using? If you are just using alkalines then no it is not going to work well. When it comes to NiMH cells Eneloops and Duracell Ion Core's. Best would be Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA's. They are not rechargeable but have the highest capacity out of all the cells mentioned, are extremely resistant to temp extremes and crank at or near 1.5v per cell till they die.

BrotherHorse

Newly Enlightened
If the battery voltage is down from "Cool Playing with the Flashlight, which is understandable. . . ") then the Turbo just wont come on after a certain voltage drop.
If you are carrying for Self Defense, like I do, I don't use the flashlight at all. . . keeping all reserve power for the Turbo or highest setting for self defense.

I carry a small 80 lumen w/AA battery/ also for regular flashlight work.

willywonka8

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the responses. Being a new owner of a flashlight with multiple lighting choice, I kind of figure that once the batteries started to wear down that I would lose some power. Thank you for validating that. And thank you for the battery and holster suggestions too.