RED TO WHITE LED MOD - using a single 3v CR1025 battery

CkWeb

Newly Enlightened
I have some tiny red LED flashlight boards powered by a single 3-volt CR1025 battery I want to run white LEDs on. I've looked on the forum for answers, but it's a tricky one. The white LED boards that run on these batteries have components and I don't know anything about circuits! I just wanted to throw this out to everyone to see if it's something they may have a fix for! I can even help with parts and shipping after I get back from my trip if somebody wants to have a go at it!

PS. I want to thank STEVE, LYNX and MATTHEW for all their help looking for a solution to this on other threads, their know-how is amazing! Here are some photos of the boards: (the red boards are higher powered white LEDs that run off a much bigger, LR1130, battery)

1. 3v red led on left, 3v white led in the middle and 1.55v white led on the right:
EtffiZo.jpg

2. the 3v white led board:
qOGvZM2.jpg

3. 1.55v white LED vs 3v white LED:
eAFzGGy.jpg

:thanks: lovecpf

Last edited:

CkWeb

Newly Enlightened
Re: RED TO WHITE LED MOD - using single 3v CR1025 battery - I'm traveling for 3 weeks

I'm traveling starting today and will have limited access to the web for about three weeks, so feel free to post and comment even when I don't pitch-in and I'll try to log-in whenever I can. :wave:

aspidies

Newly Enlightened
What knives had the 1.55 and 3v bulbs? Didn't know there were different ones

CkWeb

Newly Enlightened
What knives had the 1.55 and 3v bulbs? Didn't know there were different ones

To answer your question, the 1.55v bulbs are all of the newest 2 1/2-inch models of signature lites, swiss lites and midnight managers and come in five colors, solid black and red, translucent read and blue, and silvertech. These models use the 5mm led board that's all red. All of the older white and red leds come from older signature lites, swiss lites, midnight managers, swissflash and swissbits.

As an update to my project, I used the cr1025 battery with the 1.55v white 5mm led boards and they light up; however, the laser only turns on with the LR1130 battery. I hope this doesn't hurt them though. Maybe this is the easiest, but not cheapest, fix of all since I have plenty of spare cr1025 batteries I can use with these!