Surefire M620V, NEVER WORKS Correctly

nhoj_yelbom

Newly Enlightened
so mad, always have issues with SF lights.... have sent M620v in 3 times for the white light not working, IR still works perfect. now the replacement has been sitting in its box, never used since replacement and it does not work now from just sitting 5-6 months... my X300V pistol light the white led slowly burned out, until there was a huge black hole in the middle of the beam. really aggravating that surefire cant fix a simple problem, and keep wasting both of our time and money. i know the M952V has a rep for going bad often, anyone have any issues with M620V? fresh batteries dont change anything

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Is that a $900+ flashlight?

I looked it up at Amazon and both colors were $981!!!!!

Yeah I don't blame you for being mad. But the combo emitter is no easy task and ya don't just fix it all simple like... but still geez that's crazy.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow nhoj. I almost bought one years and years ago. But my buddy who does tons of night time hog hunting told me they were a waste of money. Said he had one that got sent back 2 times. I never thought about them again until I read your post. There does seems like there may be a issue? Too bad.

byk, they can be picked up for about $350 new. (Not that that is a great deal or anything, just sayin). You can also get "one" for $75 from China. lol Seems like the China "one" ironically may be the way to go now. LOL

bykfixer

Flashaholic
wow nhoj. I almost bought one years and years ago. But my buddy who does tons of night time hog hunting told me they were a waste of money. Said he had one that got sent back 2 times. I never thought about them again until I read your post. There does seems like there may be a issue? Too bad.

byk, they can be picked up for about $350 new. (Not that that is a great deal or anything, just sayin). You can also get "one" for $75 from China. lol Seems like the China "one" ironically may be the way to go now. LOL

Well, I suppose if I ever need a flashlight shaped paperweight I'll opt for the Cina "one". lol

I just wonder wth is up with that one as that is a military application type of setup where the uv is a backup for afailed head piece... but it sure would be nice during peace time to check the time on your non-indiglo wrist watch at 2am after spending at least $350...

Sheesh, the little Streamlight sidewinder was only $80. But it uses separate emitters where if I understand correctly the SF is a shared emitter that serves double duty perhaps.

Thinking back I think what I saw at the big A was a full blown kit, not just the light.

Last edited: