What if they revamped the FENIX tk51?

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
Would it be possible, if they wanted to, to upgrade the tk51? Same set up maybe four 18650's with the same LED that's in the tk35ue 2015, and the same Led for the flood that's in the new pd35? New to the capability of power per battery and the circuiting that would take. Any ideas? Thanks guys

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a massive TK51 fan. The ergos could have been done a lot better though. Still I consider the throw and flood beams dead on. The ability to manipulate them both independently is awesome. The bi reflector and especially what is a custom quality lens are incredible. All that being said they should have gone with 3 milled out battery wells instead of a carrier the light would be slimmer. The knurling could have been a much better design. I am sad to see them discontinue it but for a time it pushed the envelope.

If they were to do it again it would not be hard to make it slimmer, the head slimmer a touch and add a good holster. With the new emitters out now the sky would be the limit

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the instant turbo when holding the power button down. Having to go through four modes for the one you want, when you just need turbo in a scary situation. I've been exploring caves and tunnels and need that boom turbo. I love the tk35 ue 2015 though. That's what I've been bringing with me along with tk51. I can bring back up batteries for both without lugging around a lot of weight. I wish they'd bring back a 2017 edition or something with what was mentioned above included would be awesome. I wonder if it could push at least 2700+Lumens with the right battery setup and LEDs in it?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the XHP emitter revolution is upon us now. Anything is really possible. Can you imagine a slimmed down TK51 with an XHP emitter for throw and flood? Armytek is slowly rolling out their lights with XHP35's in them now jacking output a couple hundred lumens at the least.