Olight S1R Baton

7hns

Newly Enlightened
What is the point of the 900 lumen mode on the S1R when it steps down to 300 lumens after 30 seconds?

hazard2036

Newly Enlightened
Most people only burst use there flashlights so it will come in handy for some. Its actually brighter around 1000+ lumen then drops to 900 and the 300 lumen. The 300 lumen setting is a tad higher almost 400 lumen. Its way to small of a light to run at that output for long. It draws about 3 amps on high so this battery will only last maybe 7 mins.

7hns

Newly Enlightened
But it is only the first time you use the light on a fresh set of batteries, right?

niktak11

Newly Enlightened
But it is only the first time you use the light on a fresh set of batteries, right?
There is just a 30 second timer that will initiate a stepdown. If heat and the ability of the battery to supply enough current are fine, you could just turn the light off and put turbo right back on after the stepdown.

UncleNondo

Newly Enlightened

No. I was under that impression as well before I got mine, but once the light cools down, you're able to get to the turbo mode again.