what are you listening to

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i got linken park onsong is called one step closer.its a great song

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit old, but new to me...Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By the way.
What a great tune! For a long time, i'd thought they'd stopped making good rock music back in the 70's, but this has opened my eyes.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've got Anthrax "We've Come For You All" in my CD player right now, but at the moment I'm listening to Good Day Live on the TV, kind of as background ambience. The next CD I'll put in will probably be either Raven "Wiped Out" or Raven "Rock Until You Drop".

I guess it's no wonder now why I like to try and break flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Wonder if there are any other headbangers on CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

(Edit)
Good Day Live is over; the Sharon Osbourne show is about to come on, so I'd better turn on Raven "Rock Until You Drop". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

lol

I actually was listening to Shine Down the other day, couple good tunes on there.

I tend to listen to the heavy stuff more though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love antrax bring the noise baby. i lisen to metal but i also like the oldies but i hate country lol listening to bethovan now he is very old but very good

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Telephony said:
I've got Anthrax "We've Come For You All" in my CD player right now, but at the moment I'm listening to Good Day Live on the TV, kind of as background ambience. The next CD I'll put in will probably be either Raven "Wiped Out" or Raven "Rock Until You Drop".

I guess it's no wonder now why I like to try and break flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Wonder if there are any other headbangers on CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

(Edit)
Good Day Live is over; the Sharon Osbourne show is about to come on, so I'd better turn on Raven "Rock Until You Drop". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

[/ QUOTE ]lol the osbournes is the only mtv show ilike SHARON LOL i have lots of blacksabath music

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
I'm still a headbanger on occasion... no long hair anymore though or earrings. (and don't miss it, but I do still wear leather coats/jackets) I liked a lot of the older metal, stuff I grew up with and even some that was a bit retro then. (Disturbed is one of my later-day favorites) I got to see the original Black Sabbath line up at an Ozzfest about five years ago. THAT WAS AWESOME!! Surreal even. I was hoarse from yelling. I thought I'd never get to see that.. and I wasn't even sure that Bill Ward was still alive. Tony Iommi was great, I still think he is an underated guitarist. Heck.. even Ozzy sounded better than I'd ever heard him live. Geezer was.. well.. Geezer. I think he'd just released the first GZR around that time but I'm not sure.

Remember: "if you're gonna' die, die with your boots on!!"

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
lol the osbournes is the only mtv show ilike SHARON LOL i have lots of blacksabath music

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have cable here; the Sharon Osbourne show comes on KCPQ-13 Fox here in Seattle at 10:00am weekdays.
The last time I had MTV, they actually played music videos by such bands as Aldo Nova, Duran Duran, the B52s, Billy Idol, etc. Now they don't play that many music videos anymore; I don't even think Beaver & Butthole is on anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
Now my CD player is off, because the Jerry Springer Show is on in the background. I'll turn it back on at 12:00pm when the Maury show starts - after all, those "maternity test results" and "polygrip test results" shows are kinda boring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Then I'll have Raven "Rock Until You Drop" or Anthrax "Attack Of The Killer B's" back on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I like old Christian rock such as Rez's "Awaiting Your Reply". I only wish that I could have heard it a lot earlier in life, but we Brits are sooo conservative that we took a decade or two to catch up!
That searing opening lead break on the title track is just sooo great! REZ aren't doing so much together lately, but Glenn is very busy doing lots of blues-rock appearances on his own solo albums and as a guest on others.
Another totally different sound is that of Glenn Kaiser and Darrell Mansfield unplugged. Glenn took his Dobro and Darrell took his legendary mouthorgans into the studio, and simply pressed "record". The result was an amazingly intimate acoustic blues set - incredibly powerful and dynamic. Best listened to on headphones or good speakers. You can almost sense the presence of these two sitting in your living room!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
EMPOWERTORCH said:
I like old Christian rock such as Rez's "Awaiting Your Reply". I only wish that I could have heard it a lot earlier in life, but we Brits are sooo conservative that we took a decade or two to catch up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes, Resurrection Band, that does bring back memories. I started listening to Rez back when they were still called "Resurrection Band". I was fortunate enough to see Rez in concert five or six times in the 80's and 90's, they can put on quite a show. I saw Glenn Kaiser several times also on solo tours or doing blues sets with some of his contemporaries. I've slowly been building my Rez CD and LP collection over the years, I'm only missing a couple now, I think I'm up to 12 of their recordings. Good stuff.

-Keith

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
EMPOWERTORCH said:
I like old Christian rock such as Rez's "Awaiting Your Reply".

[/ QUOTE ]

Stryper forever!

I listen to modern Christian music, Third Day, Demon Hunter, etc.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to get into a pattern where I pick an album or two and just play them non-stop for a while. Recently I've been getting re-acquainted with some old Judas Priest- "Rocka-Rolla" and "Sad Wings of Destiny". A couple of really good discs.

Before that it was B.S.'s "Vol.4" & "Master of Reality". I like all the Sabbath up till RJD left, but the albums with Ozzy are still my favorites.

Peter

raggie33

*the raggedier*
rofl they fired ozzy what where they thinking?i think the person whoi fired him was sharons dad but i may be mistaken

Negeltu

Enlightened
The lead guitarist for Stryper used to teach back home at a local music store. He was an ok guy. I personally like Queensryche...Fates Warning....Steve Vai....Eric Johnson...Satch....Tribal Tech...You know..bands like that. Being a guitarist/musician myself... I'm kinda picky about what I listen to.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like queensryche to i like lotds a bands like triuph rush styx trouble beachboys johhny horton many many others

Status
Not open for further replies.