Angryfox        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Armytek Wizard Pro XHP50 V3 field use review.

Default Re: Armytek Wizard Pro XHP50 V3 field use review.

Quote Originally Posted by KickingAsh View Post
    Just got my Wizard Pro USB. Whats the best 18650 batteries to get? Saw some 10 amp batteries.

Seems like the USB will take awhile to charge via the USB.

So I might buy a portable charger for it
    Inspect the lens closely. Any cracks? I heard some people complaining theirs were cracked near the bezel when they got them. It's a great headlamp, and I recommend them. Just make sure you didn't get a damaged unit.

I don't know too much about batteries yet, but I heard sticking with name brands is safer. I also heard people saying good things about the pink Sanyo/Panasonic unprotected 18650s. Maybe you could read up on them with the search bar. You'll need a battery that can deliver a minimum 7amps to get turbo boost to function properly according to your manual.
    Last edited by Genzod; 05-20-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzod View Post
    Inspect the lens closely. Any cracks? I heard some people complaining theirs were cracked near the bezel when they got them. It's a great headlamp, and I recommend them. Just make sure you didn't get a damaged unit.

I don't know too much about batteries yet, but I heard sticking with name brands is safer. I also heard people saying good things about the pink Sanyo/Panasonic unprotected 18650s. Maybe you could read up on them with the search bar. You'll need a battery that can deliver a minimum 7amps to get turbo boost to function properly according to your manual.
    No cracks. Pretty bright. Does get hot in the turbo mode.

It does take awhile for it to charge via USB but its worth having especially in the woods where I have a Solar charger and power banks.

Im debating on buying couple more 18650s and a good charger.

Any suggestions on the charger? Specifically one that can charge via USB

A&Q Moderator

No cracks. Pretty bright. Does get hot in the turbo mode.

It does take awhile for it to charge via USB but its worth having especially in the woods where I have a Solar charger and power banks.

Im debating on buying couple more 18650s and a good charger.

Any suggestions on the charger? Specifically one that can charge via USB
    Nitecore F1 is my preferred USB mobile lithium ion charger as it is totally solar compatible. Also works as a
    power bank, voltage tester and will pass through charge.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    Nitecore F1 is my preferred USB mobile lithium ion charger as it is totally solar compatible. Also works as a
    power bank, voltage tester and will pass through charge.
    how long will it take to charge a 18650 with it?

I was hoping someone would come along with a little actual experience with this Nitecore battery charger to answer the question, but I'll give it my best shot.

The Nitecore charges at one amp. Your base charger in the lamp charges at 0.75 amps (slower = safer and better for battery), so figure 33.33% faster.

If it takes you 5 hours to charge the 3200 mAH unit from complete empty with your AT base charger cable, anticipate 3.75 hours (multiply 5hrs or whatever the time is by 0.75). But you never want to let your li-ion battery deplete that far because it degrades it, shortens the life and makes it less safe. You don't want that thing blowing a fit on your head.

Calculating a near exact time is possible for most of the geniuses on this forum, but it depends on things I don't know, like the internal resistance of your particular battery, the capacity and how low you let the battery discharge. Also, I believe (guessing from what I read and remember) each unit modifies the charge rate or voltage at some point in the charge for safety/durability reasons and that affects time to charge as well. So I think it is easier to just make a comparison between the specified charge rates of each charger. Knowing one, you have a ballpark figure for the other.

A&Q Moderator

From solar or USB plug?

Unenlightened

Hello! I'm just about to buy this flashlight to strap it to my dji phantom drone to fly at night but I just realised that the tail cap magnet will mess the drone's compass, probably wont even let me fly it, so I wanna ask if maybe I can power up the wizard using a wrap of aluminum kitchen foil taped to the light, instead of the tail cap.

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ionescu View Post
    Hello! I'm just about to buy this flashlight to strap it to my dji phantom drone to fly at night but I just realised that the tail cap magnet will mess the drone's compass, probably wont even let me fly it, so I wanna ask if maybe I can power up the wizard using a wrap of aluminum kitchen foil taped to the light, instead of the tail cap.
    The magnet is easily user removable as the end of the tail cap unscrews for access to it.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ionescu View Post
    The magnet is easily user removable as the end of the tail cap unscrews for access to it.
    Yes, it is easily removable on the non-usb rechargeable Pro version(now Elf) only though.

There is also a non-magnetic tailcap available as an accessory. I recommend it for your multicopter as it is quite a bit smaller, lighter, and is less then $5. Here it is...

https://www.armytek.com/products/acc...ashlights.html

Another option is to go with a Zebralight instead. They are significantly lighter(almost half as light) and every gram counts on a multicopter. They are also more reliable and have a more advanced and efficient driver which gives you better thermal regulation, less heat, and longer runtimes.
    Last edited by Tachead; 11-12-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Very good review - I have my eye on this headlamp for sure. We currently use ZL headlamps, but this one is very appealing. Thanks again.

I recently purchased two Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 lights, and one was a gift for my brother. The lights arrived a couple of days ago, and after less than 2 hours of use the on/off switch on his started to become unresponsive, and it became gradually worse and worse. Now it will only turn on or off once every 20-30 clicks. I have now contacted the retailer to see about replacing it under warranty.

I bought the Pro Wizard after reading Woods Walker's review, as well as all the raving reviews by other members in this thread, but after doing some further digging around CPF I'm starting to wonder if buying it was a mistake. I am hoping this is just a one-off, but I would hate to run into more boring issues further down the road.

That's the newest of the new V3 USB chargeable wizard I think. It should have the voltage range someplace on the head or body. 2.7 to 9 volts not pro 2.4 to 9 volts pro unless they changed something with the USB charging.
    Just received my pair of White and Warm Wizard Pro v3 from the manufacture. There is no indication or working voltage anywhere on the light or in the manual. Email to customer service is sent but I suspect they will take a while to reply.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234