Fenix RC09

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking around for a small rechargeable light to clip to my cap. I am currently considering Fenix RC09 for $49.95 from a place called DayBuying. In all honesty, I have next to no experience with Fenix and I have never heard of DayBuying. So, my questions are:

-Is Fenix a good manufacturer?

-Is the Fenix RC09 a good light?

-Is DayBuying a good reliable dedaler?

-Is $49.95 a good price for that light or can I do better somewhere else?

-Who else makes a similar light that I should consider?

https://www.daybuying.com/fenix-rc09-cree-xm-l2-u2-550-lumen-edc-led-flashlight.html

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Firstly Fenix is a stellar manufacturer and the high end LED Chinese flashlight market leader. Their reputation is arguably the best in this industry.

The RC09 is a stellar light. Build quality is above even Fenix own industry leading usual standards(I believe it is because the "thumb sized LED light" market is white hot right now all manufacturers are trying to one up another here).

This is the first time I have ever heard of DayBuying and after checking the link would avoid doing business with them. The reason the light is only $49.95(before shipping)is because DayBuying is just another retailer with a warehouse in Shenzhen China. Shenzhen China is where most Chinese high end LED light manufacturers manufacture their lights and is also where their business offices are located. You are taking a HUGE risk buying from what is a new pop up reseller that managed to be able to afford to rent one of Shenzhen's countless warehouses. These warehouses are either climate controlled and competently stocked with product in a fashion that is meant to rotate out the oldest made product first kind of like how grocery stores rotate out food product or they are poorly built ware houses made with asbestos, lead paint and are NOT climate controlled and the stock NOT orderly stored and rotated out.

You may indeed receive an RC09 of recent build that HAS been in a climate controlled facility NOT built out of toxic materials and staffed by well treated and fairly paid workers-OR-you may receive an RC09 that was rejected by Fenix as a factory second, has been sitting beneath a couple crates worth of other product damaging the box of the RC09 and possibly the RC09 itself that may or may not have been contaminated with asbestos and or lead etc. used to build the cheap ware house it comes from. Climate controlled warehouses in China is a BIG issue. The pollution along the Chinese coast is not just bad it is literally "nuclear winter" bad. The ultra toxic smog that covers all of China's coastal cities that is SO bad that most of the coastal cities cannot be seen by satellites from space...literally...is also very humid. Should DayBuying's warehouse NOT be climate controlled that means if you even get your product you order that at the very least the packaging has some kind of toxic moisture damage.

I have two Fenix RC09's they are fantastic lights. I got them both from U.S. based Fenix retailer Fenix-Store.com which is a CPF supported and approved retailer. They are out of Broken Arrow Oklahoma. They have the best customer service I have ever dealt with when it comes to buying these expensive LED lights. The non limited edition titanium RC09(the regular black RC09)through them is $64.95 plus shipping. But being a CPF supported site you can enter coupon code cpf08 at checkout to lower the total to $59.75.

The RC09 comes with a stellar Fenix brand rechargeable 16340 cell, holster and USB to magnetic connector recharging cable. Dealing with Fenix-Store you will actually get what you ordered for one and you will get it however fast you pay to have it shipped to you. Should there ever be any kind of issue with shipping or the light itself Fenix-Store WILL take care of you.

Good Luck...

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw that Battery Junction is running a sale today. The Winter Wonder Sale! Today Only - Save 15% Sitewide! - Use Coupon Code: JINGLEBELLS. It may be rime to order when I get home! Thank you for the reply.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/