Arc Light...disapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last week I'd gotten an Arc LSH light and compared it to my E1E/w KL1 head. I don't understand, the E1E out shown the LSH! From a white wall at about 10' the LSH wasn't at bright and had a nasty green tint. Wasn't at all what I'd expect from this model. Before I send it back to Arc, tell me if I've done something wrong.

Mattman

Enlightened
If it's an LSH-P, there's something wrong - it should be bright and white. Was it a second? If so, the tint and brightness is probably why it was rejected. If it's an LSH-S first, the color shouldn't be too far from white, but they do vary much more than the LSH-P. It doesn't really matter what we say about it if you're not happy with it - just send it back.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
I agree with Mattman's assessment. My P definitely out-guns my E1e/KL1s (I've got 2), and even my S comes close.

Either you've got a dud, or you lost-out in the Luxeon lottery big time.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Samoan

Enlightened
Sounds at the very least to be dud-esque. My LSH (not -P) is brigh and very white. I love mine and would order more but I don't want to push my luck in the Luxeon Lottery.

-Fernando

Skyline

Enlightened
I would guess Luxeon Lottery. While I love my LSL-S (got it clipped to me right now!), my E1/KL1 is noticeable brighter and whiter. Way it goes sometimes!

TheFire

Enlightened
Well, you could always get it modded... pop a nice white luxeon III in there, drive it up at 750mA, and you'll have no questions which is the superior light... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nexro

Enlightened
Both my LSHF-P and LSL-ST outshines my E2e/KL1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
So, I have my KL1 sitting in my drawer now...

Mattman

Enlightened
Skyline, remember that the LSL is a different animal than the LSH. The low domes are generally not as white and not as bright so in your case you're probably correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.