Olight "warrior series" M1R - Shot show 2017

Redemption

Newly Enlightened
Nichia posted the Olight video in another thread.

What caught my eye was the new M1R Warrior series in the Olight video? Starts at 7:57:

https://youtu.be/fnDWKHte8pw?t=7m57s

That looks really interesting:

• 18350 battery
  • 1200lm
  • rear (stainless steel?) clicky
  • stainless steel strike bezel
  • magnetic charging
  • bidirectional clip (looks like a fairly deep carry with bezel down)
  • magnetic remote accessory
  • tail magnet just like the baton series.

The rep in the video says they will have a M2R and M3R.

I wonder if the recessed tail clicky switch is a forward click or reverse clicky (I prefer having momentary on), and whether it would be harder to use than a typical clicky that isn't recessed.

Note: above is just a prototype shown at Shot Show 2017, no ETA, but looks very promising to me.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it will be a nice light. Hopefully they offer it in neutral white and hopefully it has a nice mode selection including a real sub-lumen moonlight mode.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was actually the light I was most excited about so far this Shot Show. Can't wait for an 18650 version.

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
Might be my 2nd O-light. pretty happy with my S2 baton for work, although I wish the side switch was larger for use with work gloves on. its impossible to feel it with material handling ( fairly thin work glove) on.

Redemption

Newly Enlightened
This was actually the light I was most excited about so far this Shot Show. Can't wait for an 18650 version.

Agree completely, so far this is the most exciting new release I saw from the posts here. Looking forward to the reviews of all versions when they become available, I'm curious if they will have a good beam pattern (I prefer slightly larger hotspots that aren't as defined) and good tints.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree completely, so far this is the most exciting new release I saw from the posts here. Looking forward to the reviews of all versions when they become available, I'm curious if they will have a good beam pattern (I prefer slightly larger hotspots that aren't as defined) and good tints.

+100

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree but I really love my 18350 lights. Just have to carry a couple extra batteries with me.

Maybe it's time for me to give 18350 another chance. My last 18350 was the rrt01vn that I gave to my dad. Hmmmmm I would give THIS light a chance. :thumbsup:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put this together with a zero res switch and oveready parts run it on 18350. Fun little light very bright.

gifs upload

adult image upload
Nice little light.

I am running an Armytek C2 Pro XHP35(Warm) with the C1 body so I can run it on 18350's. It's an awesome little light with a nice UI, plenty of modes(including moonlight modes), and a super bright 1580 lumen turbo(by far the brightest I have found in a light this small). The brightest turbo mode works great as a hand warmer in the winter too:D.

Here it is next to an Eagletac D25C for size comparison.

sgvIAji.jpg

Hopefully this new Olight M1R can compare to this because I have really started to like 18350 lights. Hopefully they will sell a 18650 body separately too like Armytek does because it is nice to just be able to quickly swap bodies depending on your capacity needs for the day/outing.

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice tachead 18350 are very powerful and so easy to carry . I agree with 18650 body would be a nice option to go with it. We will keep our fingers crossed for sure!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice tachead 18350 are very powerful and so easy to carry . I agree with 18650 body would be a nice option to go with it. We will keep our fingers crossed for sure!
Thanks and yeah I like them much better then 16340's. I wish more lights would be made to fit them as well.

The cool thing about this C2 is it's versatility. With the C1 body it can run on 16340 or 18350. It can even run on CR123a but, not very well because it's voltage range is 2.7-9V and it will only run on the lower modes for a short period of time. On the C2 body it can run on 1 x 18650, 1 x 16650, 2 x 18350, 2 x 16340, or 2 x CR123a(maybe even more cells that I haven't tried). It can use button top or flat top batteries as well in protected or unprotected. All the spare parts are available separately too including the non-magnetic tailcap that I have on it in the picture which shortens it by an additional 7mm and lightens it by 13grams.

It would be really nice if this M1R offers similar versatility. And, please give us a neutral white option Olight. A moonlight mode would be nice as well. I look forward to seeing the production version of this light.

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very well put I run a couple of my C2 dropins with 2×18350. Great output and long run times. I'll definetly be watching to see what happens. Hopefully olight is reading this thread:)

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the hi-tech tailcap with both an e-switch and magnetic charger port all in one. However, it looks like the M1R and M2R may use a TIR optic rather than a reflector. This is a bummer for me.

A beamshot comparison review elsewhere on this forum between the two Olights - the S30R batonIII with reflector vs. S1R with TIR optic - showed that the reflector had greater throw and spread while the TIR optic had a much broader hotspot but less throw and spread. If the M1R and M2R come with an optic, I'm may wait for the reflector version.

These lights are getting an XHP-35 LED which is known for good throw, especially the flat-dome version. I want to see a flat dome XHP-35 with reflector in the M2R !

Here is the Olight reflector vs TIR optic beamshot thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...n-S30R-III-FOR-SUBMISSION-in-the-review-forum

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a video showing the M2R (the star of the 2017 IWA show) on Facebook by someone from the Taschenlamp forum:

https://www.facebook.com/selected.lights/videos/1472619192771960/?fallback=1

Since the M1R and M2R come with two e-switches (side and tail), it remains to be seen how much parasitic drain there will be. Hopefully not twice as much, lol.

Strangely, neither light shows up on their 2017 catalogue although they are supposed to be released for sale this year:
https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/theshorelinemarket/OLIGHT-2017-CATALOGUE.pdf

Last edited: