Arc AAA availability

FlameOn

Enlightened
Okay...I have my infinity ultra and it is a great little light...but now I really want an ARC AAA (damn this forum)....any news on when they will be available?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting that thier out of the standards. You might want to ask this question in the Arc forum.

Ken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also got the premium Arc AAAs recently (shipped to me a few days ago). I'm very happy with them.

I would like to try a regular model though one day, just to see if the Premium is really indeed worth the extra bucks.

As far as the original posters question, my advice is to keep checking back on the Arc site, or try Ebay and look for used Arcs. Until Arc gets more supply in, I think finding new Arc AAAs non-premium will be difficult.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Wow, that's pretty quick. I've had an eye on an arc AAA (no wonder I look cross-eyed at work), and almost can't wait til the CPF version is announced.

I understand the AAA-P is whiter than the AAA-S, but I recall reading somewhere here that the AAA-S was brighter?

daloosh

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's pretty quick. I've had an eye on an arc AAA (no wonder I look cross-eyed at work), and almost can't wait til the CPF version is announced.

daloosh

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the CPF version?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AAA-P is 'warmer' but whether or not 'warm' equals 'white' is up to the observer.
To my eye the AAA-P leans toward green and the AAA-S leans toward blue.
I'll take blue over green every time.

Mattman

Enlightened
The premium is "warmer" than the standard, which can be better or not worth anything, depending on how you look at it. I only have two lights to compare and from the standard and premium I compared, I'll take the extra cash and the standard. My brother's standard may indeed be brighter than my premium, but the differences are very small if any so I wouldn't worry about that. The choice is easy if you need one right away since the premium is the only one available.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
What is the CPF version?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the last two years Arc has released a limited edition CPF commemorative light.
First year was blue anodized and last year it was red anodized.
LED was the same as the Arc-AAA Premium.
They typically sell like hotcakes.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Thanks GJW and Mattman,

Sounds like the standard is a winner, now just about finding one. I see them now and then on ebay, tho.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the CPF version?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the last two years Arc has released a limited edition CPF commemorative light.
First year was blue anodized and last year it was red anodized.
LED was the same as the Arc-AAA Premium.
They typically sell like hotcakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great.

I personally do NOT care for the standard (greyish/pewterish) color of Arc AA or AAAs.

Anyway, I'd LOVE the chance to buy one of a different color, especially with the forum logo on it. I'd buy one for sure.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Past years haven't had the logo -- just some engraving along the lines of 'CPF Edition'
We can hope though.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Past years haven't had the logo -- just some engraving along the lines of 'CPF Edition'
We can hope though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even engraving would be nice enough. Definitely worth buying.

Off topic: why is the standard color pewterish/greyish instead of black? Is it due to the Type III anodizing finish?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
That brownish color is the 'natural' result of the HA-III process (hence the name, HA-III natural).
It can range from light gray to dark olive.
Achieving any other color involves a separate dying process and Arc just decided to simplify things on their end by eliminating it.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Speaking of ARCs and ebay, I just won my first Arc, an AA, on ebay! Hopefully the first of many, and now I can probably wait for the CPF version to come out after SHOT show.

FlameOn

Enlightened
Not to disparage anyone at Arc, but is it possible they are out of standards to push the more expnesive model?