Mice and UV?

kev1-1

Enlightened
I believe that I have some sort of rodent in my loft/attic? I am unsure as yet as to what sort of rodent. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to use UV-light to make mice/rat urine fluoresce...so that I can see where their tracks are?

Thanks!

PS-The L4 makes a good hunting light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I can verify that ALL rodent unire floresces under UV. As will yours... and your dog's... and your kid's. Once you start poking around the house with UV, you may well scare yourself into moving. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Agreed on this one. Rat pee glows under UV; so does people pee. :\
You definitely don't want to take a UV source into the bathroom and wave it around the toliet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
.... My pee doesnt glow.! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
Sumthin wrong with me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
when i shine a uv light on it, my pee stops glowing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Somewhere around here, I have a picture of pee glowing under three different UV sources.

blburine.jpg

Ahh, there it is. Yucky pee.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Thanks for all the witty and informative replies! I have set and baited the trap...so we shall see. I have been looking around for a UV light I have, to try and ID the tracks the critters are using and thus where to place the trap.