Olight mini received with button protruding

leggera16

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a little olight mini for my keychain and the button housing isn't flush. Do you think this will get worse? Has anyone else had that.
20170301_153958_zpsntooipav.jpg

Of course lightmalls say it will be fine and water tight

http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/bionicdan/media/20170301_153958_zpsntooipav.jpg.html

Last edited:

leggera16

Newly Enlightened
I tried pushing it in with a piece of wood carefully but wouldn't budge. If it did move it was only very slightly. Maybe il see if they will refund ten quid or something

firsttothescene

Enlightened
QC is not so good on the mini's as on the other olights I have. On a couple of my mini's that switch bezel has been messed up. I actually sent 2 back. One had a bad gouge in it. Additionally, I have 3 ss thunder grey and all three are noticeably different colors. A little bummed with these. Also, all the switch bezels are half dull / half shiny blue in color as opposed to, for example, my s1's which have shiny blue bezels :(

leggera16

Newly Enlightened
It makes me wonder if the housing is deeper one side and the button ring needs to be orientated accordingly before fitment. Someone's put it in backwards maybe lol

Anyway I accepted a 12usd refund and will keep an eye on it. They responded to emails fast but with basic English.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have taken a chance and put it in a vice, and used a couple of chocks of wood or equivalent to compress the button area only, and just very slowly tighten the vice.

John.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have asked for a replacement and would not have paid any additional shipping charges for it or the return. A brand new high end light should come without flaws. Especially for the extremely high price they charge for these.

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have taken a chance and put it in a vice, and used a couple of chocks of wood or equivalent to compress the button area only, and just very slowly tighten the vice.

John.

That's exactly what I would do. 98,7% sure it would work.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's exactly what I would do. 98,7% sure it would work.

Yep, its just a pressed in bezel ring. But, it might be pretty gulled up considering it looks like it was forced in crooked and he shouldn't have to fix Olight's mistakes. I would just get a replacement. Why risk fixing it yourself. If he damages it then they won't replace it.

leggera16

Newly Enlightened
Now ive accepted the refund im happy to mess around. Its only cost me 30 quid now and worst case scenario it pops off and il seal it back in with glue. Ive returned things like this before and they have gone "missing" lol.

My clip keeps getting pushed out of its runners up towards the button so after seeing nitecores circular lanyard clip I've done this for now. Feels good in the hand compared to mini 02s etc.

Il have a go at getting it pushed all the way home tonight.

20170302_201220_zpszgq58kg1.jpg

Last edited:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
QC is not so good on the mini's as on the other olights I have. On a couple of my mini's that switch bezel has been messed up. I actually sent 2 back. One had a bad gouge in it. Additionally, I have 3 ss thunder grey and all three are noticeably different colors. A little bummed with these. Also, all the switch bezels are half dull / half shiny blue in color as opposed to, for example, my s1's which have shiny blue bezels :(
Agree about the QC on minis. OLight needs to get its act together quickly.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess I got lucky. I have all 8 S Minis and all 8 are perfect. There should be some way of fiddling with the switch to make it flush.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the S Mini is the most EDCable LED light there is at the S Mini's output levels. It is so easy to carry I forget it is even in my pocket sometimes. The S1A is just as EDCable. I always have one of the two in my pocket. I even went as far as to get the Olight correct tiny belt holster for the S Mini. I keep an S Mini in my car in that tiny holster so it doesnt get scratched up as I drive around. If I need some serious output in a very compact package I will grab my SC600 MkIII or MH20GT.

firsttothescene

Enlightened
Just finally looked, and sure enough one of my three smini's is exactly like the picture from OP. I think I am done with olight.

skelton660

Newly Enlightened
the S Mini is the most EDCable LED light there is at the S Mini's output levels. It is so easy to carry I forget it is even in my pocket sometimes. The S1A is just as EDCable. I always have one of the two in my pocket. I even went as far as to get the Olight correct tiny belt holster for the S Mini. I keep an S Mini in my car in that tiny holster so it doesnt get scratched up as I drive around. If I need some serious output in a very compact package I will grab my SC600 MkIII or MH20GT.
Where do you get the tiny holster?