• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired -SOLD-Triple maglites for sale (price reduced $95)-SOLD

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Up for sale are a pair of triple maglites I built over the last month or so.

The first is a red micro mag in which I've used Mountain Electronic's version of the FET+1 driver as well as XP-G3 S5 3C emitters on triple noctigon. This combination uses direct drive off a high drain 14500 cell and the low forward voltage of the XP-G3 emitters to drive the light to 8 amps on turbo at start up, dropping to around 7 amps at 30 seconds. There is around four to five minutes of run time before the light gives a low voltage warning when the battery reaches 3 volts. The battery is only providing about an amp to the emitters by time the low voltage protection kicks in.

This light also features the advantage of a dual channel driver to create a true firefly mode of about half a lumen (estimated in comparison to a D25A on firefly mode). Additional features include a 90 second turbo timer as a safety to prevent damage to flashlight/flesh, a four mode user interface (Moon-Low-Med-Turbo) with off time memory, a tailcap spring bypass mod to reduce resistance, and frosted narrow Carclo optics. My micro mags are all built as described here excepting that I use aluminum heatsinks instead of copper. I estimate around 2000 lumens at start up based on testing by Djozz of BLF. Turbo should still be giving a couple hundred lumens when the low voltage warning flashes. This flashlight should be used with a high drain button top 14500 cell such as Windyfire or Efest.

100_3637_zps8sy0fx8m.jpg

100_3640_zpsod3zbarl.jpg

The second light is a 1D that was spawned during some recent construction of "traditional" 1D maglite hosts when I noticed I had a few chunks of left over knurling from various colors of maglite. Those little pieces of aluminum got the wheels turning and I ended up building a bi-color 1D maglite host. This light was cut with a hack saw and put back together via the human lathe method. The seams aren't perfect but they're pretty darn nice for hand work.

100_3634_zpsyd7uml3q.jpg

I had a bunch of XM-L2 U2 emitters in 3D tint (on noctigon) so I made the host into a triple regulated by the FET+1 driver from Mountain Electronics. The driver features four modes (Moon, Low, Med, High), off time memory, and a 90 second turbo timer. The LED positive is routed around the switch mechanism to reduce resistance and to keep most of the current out of the switch. I sourced the triple reflector from Kaidomain and have to say I really enjoy the beam these produce. The lens is the glass UCL unit from flashlightlens.com.

The triple reflector necessitated experimentation with the heatsink and I came up with a quarter inch thick chunk of 1.875" aluminum rod in the head backed up by copper wrapped 0.75 inch piece of 1.3125 aluminum rod in the top of the battery tube. This arrangement required modification of both head and tube as well as a fair amount of thermal paste at the thermal junctions. I'm pretty happy with the performance and it was demonstrated to be effective in another mag running a much hotter triple. These lights are meant to be run off a single 26650 and testing with the popular Liitokala cell gives 11-12 amps for around 3500 lumens.

100_3635_zpsb916ovxf.jpg

Beamshots- It's 60 yards to the sugar shack.

First up is the micro mag.

100_2833_zpsvx55b5pj.jpg

Next is the 1D triple.

100_3632_zps9drly5qo.jpg

Price includeing CONUS shipping is $65 for the red micro mag and $110 for the 1D triple (PRICE ON THE 1D IS REDUCED TO $95!). Red micro is sold! International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply followed by PM gets the light of their choice.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,
Brian

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Triple maglites for sale

Some good looking lights. Still love mag mods. GLWS

scout24

Flashaholic

I'lll take the red Micro-mag triple please.

Edit- Paypal sent!

Last edited:

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the kind words folks. Red micro is sold to Scout24! Thanks!

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Big fan of your mods, that little triple is a gem! What's the approx. color temp of the 1D?

1pt21

Enlightened

Hey ky,

I'm also wondering about the color temp of the 1D. Looks real warm in the pics, and me likey real warm!!!

Thanks!

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Hi Guys,

The tint is 3D, the best there is!

Brian

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Today I received my blue micro mag triple and stubby (1x26650) with XPL HI and Rebel reflector from Brian. All I can say is WOW!

These lights are awesome... and yes, the beam temp is right on the button. Thanks again, Brian.

Today I received my blue micro mag triple and stubby (1x26650) with XPL HI and Rebel reflector from Brian. All I can say is WOW!

These lights are awesome... and yes, the beam temp is right on the button. Thanks again, Brian.

Pictures or it didn' ........... Who am I kidding?! If wimm posts he bought another flashlight, we all know he bought another flashlight. :p

Still, you can never have enough flashlight pictures to L@@K at. Enjoy it, wimm. :thumbsup:

~ Chance

scout24

Flashaholic

Lil' Red arrived today, safe and sound. Thanks! Just waiting for cells to show up. Have to love buying a light you don't have batteries for yet... :ohgeez: :p

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lil' Red arrived today, safe and sound. Thanks! Just waiting for cells to show up. Have to love buying a light you don't have batteries for yet... :ohgeez: :p

Oops. Been there myself Scout. You're gonna love it though.

Last edited:

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

I'm glad you like your lights Wimmer, The 1D really surprised me with its throw.

Bumping for price reduction

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm glad you like your lights Wimmer, The 1D really surprised me with its throw.

Bumping for price reduction

Brian, I sent you an email asking if you'd be agreeable to a second order. I'm having issues with my service at the moment so I don't know if you received it. Shoot me an email when it's convenient and I'll reply right away. Thanks!