Convoy C8 - Lighted Tail Switch

SoCalTiger

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Is there a "drop-in" lighted tail switch that will work with the Convoy C8 that I can buy and swap straight in to my C8? Without having to do any soldering, etc. I'd like to have a lighted switch and put either a clear or translucent button cover over it. I recently saw something like this that was intended for Astrolux lights but no idea if it would work in a C8.

STO

Newly Enlightened
I think the astrolux one will technically fit with a clear washer but the real problem is in the driver, most drivers need to be tweaked with a bleeder resistor or they'll fail to switch modes properly and that requires soldering, and not super novice soldering either. You could get the matching astrolux SS/SC driver then you only have to do two easier soldering joints on the MPCB and have a direct drive driver with better firmware too. For a real drop in solution you could go with a GTID tailring, brighter and cooler looking than the GITD switch boots. Here is an example of one in a C8, that particular C8 was my Night Piercer mod C8 putting out 283kcd, hence the visible beam.
rQJuSf0.jpg

SoCalTiger

Newly Enlightened
I think the astrolux one will technically fit with a clear washer but the real problem is in the driver, most drivers need to be tweaked with a bleeder resistor or they'll fail to switch modes properly and that requires soldering, and not super novice soldering either. You could get the matching astrolux SS/SC driver then you only have to do two easier soldering joints on the MPCB and have a direct drive driver with better firmware too. For a real drop in solution you could go with a GTID tailring, brighter and cooler looking than the GITD switch boots. Here is an example of one in a C8, that particular C8 was my Night Piercer mod C8 putting out 283kcd, hence the visible beam.

Thanks for the detailed reply, this is really helpful.

It sounds like the GITD ring is probably the best option in my case since I really want to avoid having to solder anything for this.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Banggood sells the associated parts, search for BLF X6 the driver and tailcap are the parts you need. Two solder joints.