Li-Ion AA batts for only $1 each!

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI - igo.com has a sale on two packs of litium ion AA batteries for only $1.99. They are normally $8.99.

igo Li-ion batteries

I ordered 15 packs. With standard shipping it came to $38. That works out to a final price of $1.27/battery. Check it out.
grin.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonM:
FYI - igo.com has a sale on two packs of litium ion AA batteries for only $1.99. They are normally $8.99.

igo Li-ion batteries
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any way for those of us without credit cards to get these batteries??
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

schuster

Newly Enlightened
Em ... they are NOT LiIon and they are not rechargeable.
There are no LiIon cells on the market that are sold as AA drop-in replacements, and it is ulnikely there will ever be.
The Fuji/Energizer LiFeS "AA" cells are one-time use cells that do not use LiIon chemistry.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It`s a great deal for these lithium 1.7 volt batts...just keep in mind when ordering to order enough to keep it worthwhile, the shipping charges are a minimum of $5.99.
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
They do give a toll free number on their web site which is 1-888-205-0064 for "24 hour ordering and support" so you could call and see.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give them a ring next time I'm offline for maintenance.
blush.gif

These batteries cost a fortune locally... some places they're $10 a pack.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. Looks like this site also has 2D NiMh for $5.99. http://www.igonow.com/Product_page.asp?Category=Universal%20Power&ProductID=43291 and an 8pack of AAAs for $1.99 http://www.igonow.com/Product_page.asp?Category=Universal%20Power&ProductID=62306 Or even better these Toshiba AAA Alkalines are only .15 apiece! http://www.igonow.com/Product_page.asp?Category=Universal%20Power&ProductID=28101 Wow! Just imagine how long you can leave an Arc running for a dollars worth of batteries.
smile.gif
Looks like I'm gonna have to put in an order also.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
Any way for those of us without credit cards to get these batteries??
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do give a toll free number on their web site which is 1-888-205-0064 for "24 hour ordering and support" so you could call and see.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy. I wish I had poked around the igo site and found all those other deals! The $.15 AAA's are a great deal, but hard to justify ordering by themselves because of the shipping and handling costs.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody receive their lithium batteries or other orders from this site yet? I ordered last weekend and haven't received anything yet. I just picked UPS ground and if it travels from the west coast to the east coast (Boston area) then I can understand, but what was disturbing is that I never received any email confirmation of my order.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing yet, and I was the first to order. Not worried about getting ripped off, igo seems to be a substantial company. More worried that they don't have any left and will issue a refund!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonM:

I ordered 15 packs. With standard shipping it came to $38.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also ordered 15 packs... these are the good kind that meter 1.7 to 1.8 volts apiece!
Better get them while you can!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
Anybody receive their lithium batteries or other orders from this site yet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark Moore and myself combined an order and we got them in two days flat!!!

I was very surprised they came so quickly.
blush.gif

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lithium AA and NiMH D cells are both described as "closeout" -- what are the expiration dates on the ones people have received?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hank,

The packages my Lithium AA's came in say "Best if used by 2009" They are Energizers.

The cells from the first package I opened measured 1.78v and 1.79v respectively. In series they were able to put 3.5v across a single LED.
grin.gif
grin.gif
Unfortunately, I bet they are all gone now.

Like Telephony, I was really shocked when they arrived as quickly as they did.

Mark
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hank,

The packages my Lithium AA's came in say "Best if used by 2009" They are Energizers.

The cells from the first package I opened measured 1.78v and 1.79v respectively. In series they were able to put 3.5v across a single LED.
grin.gif
grin.gif
Unfortunately, I bet they are all gone now.

Like Telephony, I was really shocked when they arrived as quickly as they did.

Mark
smile.gif

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, you're right about that. When I tried, the site kept coming up with cgi errors, then wasn't available at all, and this morning the batteries show up as:

"This item (22546) may not be purchased at this time."

Still in the online catalog but not available.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got my order in today. I ordered 10 packs of the Energizer Lithium AA's dated 2009. This was my first opportunity to test any of the old Lithium AA's against the new Lithium AA's and I found something very interesting. The new Lithiums, as was posted in earlier post, test at 1.5 volts right out of the package and the older Lithiums tested at about .2 volts higher, but this was the results when testing using a meter that placed no load on the battery. When I used a cheapo tester that works by placing a very slight load on the batteries, the old Lithiums start out at about 1.7 volts, but in a matter of a few seconds settle down to about 1.5 volts just like the new batteries. I bet nobody else has noticed this yet because any good quality Multi-Meter is designed to test by placing the least amount of load possible on the battery and this effect is only noticeable if the battery is under, at least, a very slight load. So I would guess that the run time of the old and new Lithiums, theoretically, should be almost identical in most uses, but the old Lithiums may be slightly better than the new ones when used for flash camera type uses, because they have a tad more initial umph to them which is very useful in charging a capacitor. I still have to wonder if that extra boost to the first few seconds of battery use wouldn't damage some very sensitive electronics. I would be willing to bet that the reason that the design was changed with the new batteries was because they had complaints because people were using them in other applications than just cameras (cameras being the primary use advertised for these batteries) and it had damaged the electronics in some of them. Can anyone confirm this theory? Anyway, I just thought you guys would be interested my findings and theories concerning the old and new Energizer Lithium AA's.