Shot show logic

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the main reason for showing flashlights at the shot show was to get dealers interested in carring your line. Yet Arc and Surefire, who do not want online dealers, participate as well. Perhaps they are looking to attract brick and morter stores. But sometimes I wonder if they (those who are not interested in online dealers) would be better off not showing products untill they are released...so other competing companies are kept in the dark and caught off guard. What is the logic?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the place to be, rub elbows, smooze, etc......

I'm sure reasoning for attending will vary by company. For example, the firearms maker Glock was there. They had no new guns to offer. They certainly don't need anybodys business as they are king. Glock is the most popular with shooters and LEO, their business increased %30 last year.

Brock

Flashaholic
I am pretty sure Surefire isn't showing the latest and greatest at their booth as they once did. Now they are showing what is only about to come out rather then what they are working on for the exact reason you mentioned.

I would say most of the people at the show were suppliers and vendors. I think the bunch of us that went were the exception rather then the rule. It seemed to me that it was a chance for vendors to meet and see the suppliers all in one place.

Maybe Peter could chime in on this?