The Tonight Show; Carson, Leno, Fallon

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Perhaps Lyin-Brian Williams will replace Stewart. Instant name recognition, he could do a good job, people would tune in and Williams would be free to self aggrandise to his little hearts content.

He won't be returning to NBC News.

~ Chance

Nah, he's not that good at mock outrage the way that Stewart is. I'd like to see John Oliver return to the seat but he's got a good gig over at HBO.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The new movie Hot Tub Time Machine 2 briefly flashes to a clip of The Daily Show in the year 2025, with Jessica Williams as host; Jessica tweeted yesterday that she's completely under-qualified for the job but looks forward to seeing what will happen with others who are right for the job.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Had to scroll back through this thread to double check, but it's true; this week is the one year anniversary of Fallon on the Tonight Show.

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen Trevor on the show a couple of times. Too early for any sort of conclusions, but at least he strikes me as being an intelligent fellow. John Oliver did a good job while sitting briefly in Stewart's desk, so I have hopes that Trevor will also do well.

Larry Wilmore's show has been doing well enough, and I love a lot of his previous work, but I'm still a bit sad that The Nightly Show falls short of the high bar that Colbert set. I hope it doesn't sound like I don't like Wilmore.. I do, but Colbert's show was incredible.

and in sequence.. of sort... @Midnight is a lot of fun! Points! :)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I dunno about this Trevor guy. Some of his past tweets have included jokes that were either sexist, misogynistic or anti-semetic. He's going to have to clean up his act a bit.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'm still a bit sad that The Nightly Show falls short of the high bar that Colbert set. I hope it doesn't sound like I don't like Wilmore.. I do, but Colbert's show was incredible.

Agreed, I often worry that we were in some sort of golden era for talk shows that is now passing. Fallon is solid, but with no Colbert, now no Stewart, no Letterman..

I dunno about this Trevor guy. Some of his past tweets have included jokes that were either sexist, misogynistic or anti-semetic. He's going to have to clean up his act a bit.

I watched one of Mr. Noah's comedy shows on Netflix, African American.
It, and the video above, reminded me of a guy :dedhorse:.

I'm not sure if it's an act, or simpley his world view. Time will tell if Comedy Central's viewers will stay tuned-in to listen to a foreigner joke about all the things wrong with the U.S.A. It didn't work out so well for Piers Morgan.

~ Chance

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Katie Couric really pranked James Corden on his new show. You can hear how the whole studio goes dead silent at 13 seconds in and James is cursing in disbelief and panic. It was an astonishing moment and they pulled it off beautifully.

Last edited: