Nitecore EC4S vs Fenix TK35UE vs suggestions...?

BigDogg795

Newly Enlightened
I almost placed an order for an EC4S today but I hesitated. Seems the majority of people like their light but the complaints tend it be fairly consistent; the build quality isn't great (poor solder joints, finish, etc). I'm worried a solid drop into pavement and my light will be nothing more than a paperweight. I own a Fenix PD35 (2014 ed.) and think the quality is easily comparable to my Streamlights. I admit I like the modes and design on the EC4S a little more however.

For build quality and such am I pretty much limited to the TK35UE or is there something else around the $100 mark that I should consider?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I've had my EC4S-W since Dec 2015. I paid $83 for it. I use Orbtronic 3500s in it. It's one of my top 5 favorite lights out of my 33 piece arsenal. ;-)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a collection of every EC4* model as well as the Fenix. The Nitecores are less obtrusive, the Fenix a little more impressive. Of all the Nitecores, I rec'd one that was defective on arrival-all others have worked well despite scrapes, drownings and hi drops. The EC4 is far superior in heat dissapation.