What is your favorite AA or AAA flashlight?

regularguy

Newly Enlightened
I was just wondering what your favorite AA and AA powered flashlights were. It does not matter if it's an LED or incandescent light.

SL Propolymer 4AA, ARC LS w/ AA's, ARC AA, CMG Reactor 3, CMG Ultra, PT Surge, PT Rage, PT Blast, PT Attitude are some of my favorites. Especially because they run fine on nimh's!

Am I missing any in my collection?

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
A Lambda Micro Illuminator is one. The Dorcy AAA another.

The ML just works out very well. Bright, long run time, easy to carry. All these are good but occasionally you run across a something that just works out in the real world. The ML is one of those things. The only drawback is cost, at $70.00 it's just too expensive.

Another is the Dorcy AAA. By itself it's a good, cheap light that's enough for most jobs, but pull off the head and put in a 1 watt Luxeon, snap a MM/AAA clip on the tail and you've got a great little light that works as well as an ML for less then $25.00. I did that to one and like it a lot. It's not the cleanest job since I'm not very skilled with mods, but it gets the job done. I also coated the tailcap threads with friction grease, fixes the "loose feel" they all seem to have and stops it from accidently turning on in your pocket.

Al

Mattman

Enlightened
My LSH-P with AA TSP is my most used light. As far as being my favorite, I'm still partial to the tiny size of the AAA and have that for my EDC light. Don't make me choose between the two! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

C

Cosmic Superchunk

My favorite AA and AAA lights (in no particular order) are:

Princeton Tec Tec40
Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA LED
CMG Infinity Ultra
Arc AAA
Princeton Tec Attitude
Dorcy 1AAA LED
Brinkmann Long Life LED
CMG Reactor
Lightwave 2100

**Update**

I've got to add the Dorcy Boss 4AA to the list as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite AAA light has to be my ARC AAA, and my favorite AA light is the CMG Ultra-G. Both are great little lights, I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

-Keith

drs2000

Newly Enlightened
Micro-illuminator Most used, synergistic. Nice light.. Good punch.
Dorcy AAA damn good for $6.00!!! Wonderful mod-toy..
ARC AAA tiny, good runtime/decent output.
Shorelite VX-1, hands-free good runtime, adjustable out.

Illuminator HD for AA light hi-power
Cmg Ultra for runtime, general.

The two Illuminators (Micro and HD) are the top of the favorites, tho..

drs the crazed.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
1AAA - ArcAAA
1AA - Infinity Ultra
2AA - Illuminators HD (soon to be replaced by Illuminiator III)
2AA Headlamp - Solo w EverLED
3AA Headlamp - Yokon HL

Alan

HesNot

Enlightened
Like Mattman - LSH-P with a 2AA pack gets the nod for almost all my utility and around the house work (and it's in my briefcase everyday as well).

Rail

Newly Enlightened
For AAA:
- Arc AAA - most use next to my X5T, as my alternative EDC
- PT Aurora - compact, comfortable, great headlamp

For AA:
- UK 4AA - my most used incandescent
- PT Surge - what a beast!
- EliteMax - spends most of its time riding in my HAWG pack, but the gadget factor makes it a favorite

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I consider this from the point of view of the light I always have with me it is the Dorcy 1AAA.

Jerry

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't think my very favorite is in my hands yet.

I think the Pelican MityLite Plus 2AA (the one with a clickie like my M7) as long as it retains the bright and white flood my MityLite 2AA on Lithium AAs, is going to be as good as 2AA Incandescent gets!

I own and like a LOT; ARC AAA, Infinity Ultra, MityLite, TEC40, Attitude, UK4AA AS2, TT3AA, LW2100, Dorcy 1AAA LED (times 4), Prolight 3AAA 3LED Aluminum with tail clickie, Rayovac and Sams Choice (one each old style PR bulb) and one New Style Rayovac with Bi-Pin, Two modded MiniM&gs (one Opalec one Madmax+)...

Geez! Is it any wonder I'm broke?

Of those the three I'd NEVER give up, ARC AAA, Infinity Ultra, and the Prolight.

But who am I kidding? They ALL stay!

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Minimag with any LS sandwich or Pill. Dorcy AAA. Surge.

EL Blaster VI!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
PlayboyJoeShmoe, have you got the Luxeon bezel for the UKE 4AA yet?