Acebeam X70, in the works for early November?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam X70, coming in about a month from now, size is similar to the X65, 8 x XHP 70.2, topic thread in the German forum is currently 40 posts, so maybe not too soon to mention this interesting not-too-distant future massive power flooder here. :)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks richbuff.. I was checking out online and all written in German.. I did see 40000 lumen, and 8 xhp 70.2....

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite must be waiting to release something big, not so long ago they were the flood and throw kings. Acebeam and Imalent are both proving it's hard to give up the mantle.
And maybe Fenix, too, maybe with the next big thing after the RC40 2016.

@Moonraker, in the German forum, mentions that this item, the Acebeam X70, should be available by Christmas. I patiently await throw specs.

Almost a year after its release, the X65 still, imho, has the best combination of throw and power. It looks like it will for the foreseeable future.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
There has been some recent activity in the German forum about this item, and some activity on Facebook, too.

12? 8? 5? XHP70.2 emitters?

March 2018?

Google search yields this: ttps://acebeam.ru/katalog/kupit-moshhnyj-poiskovyj-fonar/acebeam-x70

More shall be revealed!

maukka

Enlightened
12x XHP70.2 plus an XHP35 HI seems most likely according to Acebeam's website. Similar configuration to the Astrolux MF03.

OPNtr65.jpg

0PrfklH.jpg

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I'm expecting it to be $650ish USD. Im getting my checkbook ready! Pending final specifications of course. Hopefully they push it a little harder then 40k lumens. With a max output of 72k I feel 40k is a little conservative.

ven

Flashaholic
Won't the XHP35 just create an unsightly white dot in the middle of the beam or will it just be eaten up by the other 38000 lumens? Surely it'd be nicer with a ton of Nichias in the middle to light up separately with 5000 lumens.

I think it would probably be better used on its own rather than together. The centre xhp35 HI would kick out a nice decent throw beam, if need flood then i would just use the xhp70.2's. Still all should be pretty awesome.............the xhp 35 HI should be very noticeable a few hundred metres out! The spill will certainly be eaten up by the 70's close up. I would prefer to independent buttons though(flood/throw).

klrman

Newly Enlightened
The 8000 lumens bump to 40,000 may not be noticeable from my DX80. I would love to see some comparison shots when it is ready for sale.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
MSRP $749.90

This item and only one other light (a very very large modded thrower) are on my Next List.

My two X64vn and X45vn will keep me company while I wait for this item.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how long the runtime will be on highest, since it has 3 fans it should be long ?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kinda love how Imalent will just spring an affordable 50,000 lumen light out without the BS.

Now if only it could be built as tough as be as reliable as the X65/X70...then I'd be impressed.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
I kinda love how Imalent will just spring an affordable 50,000 lumen light out without the BS.

nah forget it, aint gonna happen its a crappy brand they cant do something like this even if they wanted...

but curious there are rumors the x70 will get a lumen boost over 40k now ???...

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the day comes that Imalent can produce lights as tough and reliable as Acebeam, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

But we use our lights hard.

So until then, I'll just admire [their lumens] from the sideline.