Question about NUWAI

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I buy these? Anybody have one?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
Where can I buy these? Anybody have one?

[/ QUOTE ]
CPF sponsor goldengadgets.com sells 'em.

lambo

Newly Enlightened
Lifestyle Fascination also sells a few of them, but beware the audacious claims in the ad copy. FlashlightSite seems to be affiliated with Lifestyle somehow, and has many of the same lights for about 10% less. No one that I know of in the States carries Nuwai's full line, but someone else might be better informed about that.

I only have what Lifestyle Fascination sells as the Xenergy 3-in-1, but which is pretty obviously the Nuwai AL-606 (see under "Aluminium LED/Xenon Handtorch" -- I can't get the direct link to work). The switch is a bit of a pain in the neck, since you have to cycle through all the levels to get to the one you want, but it's still my most versatile light, great for taking along on a walk, when I appreciate the comfortable size and having the switch near the head. (I don't think I'd want to try to clear a room with it, but then that doesn't come up much out here in the rural Midwest.) It's a bit of a poor man's SF A2 -- if that's not sacrilege around here -- though with a yellowish xenon beam rather than the A2's white, regulated incandescent beam. It's built like a tank, and probably weighs twice what the SF does.

I like it well enough that I'd consider other Nuwais if the need arose, though. In fact, I'm planning on getting my father one of the Xenergy's for his birthday if I think he can handle the earth-shattering concept of using Lithium 123's.

Hope that's some help.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Golden Gadgets sells alot of them. You can also get many if not most of the models off ebay for even less, still being sold new by Golden Gadgets. I got an AT-100 for 28 there.