I need a body that can accommodate a surefire titan AAA head.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I'll start this by saying the reason is due to failure of the battery tube as the threads on it are basically gone. Yes I contacted surefire half a month ago got no response so I decided to call today. I'm not sure what has happened to that company but this past year I've had several failures of their products mostly towards the start of the year.

Customer service was insane and the person I asked for was "let go" so I no longer had a familiar inside person to help me. The person I spoke with wouldn't give me her name and was extremely rude. Now I being a man that works hard could care less about someone being friendly to me but to tell me it's user error and then say that I should probably learn how to correctly operate a flashlight pissed me off. I was told they will not send me a box with RMA which is what I've always gotten but instead an RMA number by email and I have to ship it ups with signature confirmation. The place is just a few miles from here and no I cannot drop it off they said.

It's been a good time since I've posted a thread and I have to Re learn how to operate here so right now I don't have pictures on here.

I keep all lights greased well and clean when they need it and I've owned the titan for only four month as a backup light. I felt grit one day so I decided it definitely needed cleaning. I open it up get a patch and run it through the threads and it hangs up. I look closely and see the grit wasn't grit but the largest burr I've seen on a thread of any kind. Turned out that all of the threads had lost the peak because the became burrs except the last one closest to the body. None of the threads in the head have any kind of wear at all. The head will not screw onto the body and won't even stay on if you have a battery inside as it pushes the head off.

I'm pretty ticked with the problems I've been having with their products lately and I think I'm going to avoid them for a while. I don't mind spending money on things but to basically be called stupid then told I have to pay $25 to send in a faulty product is stupid. So now I have a working surefire head that I peaked inside of to check out the internals which are over priced for what it is and I decided to test out a manker E02 as my backup. I'd like to use the titan head if I can find a body that will Lego with it.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thread moved to "LED Flashlights"

We get that you are upset, but let's all please keep the language such that CPF feels like a friendly place :)

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Haven't been around much lately guess I need to get up on the rules of what's safe to say and what will bother people. Seems like anything gets to people lately.

Side note) any idea on why this site is extremely slow compared to how it use to be??? It's the same on every device on different networks even two different 4G connections.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Haha I'll keep it church talk. I'm my own boss and the people I work with are also their own bosses since we are outsourced and we also outsource welders, riggers, greens, and work with the military and various radio stations. Our business casual can get quite colourful with the language haha. I'm seeing some new things around here that I'm liking that didn't use to be so ill be around a lot more now. 👌

pc_light

Enlightened
RWD,

Hang in there, it can be frustrating but hopefully Surefire will come through. They have for me in the past.

For curiosity sake I decided to lego/test my Titan AAA Plus head on a couple of AAA twisty I had lying around. To my surprise I found one that sort of worked - it's an inexpensive Thrunite T01 AAA. The T01 head worked on the Titan AAA Plus body but the Titan Plus Head would not quite reach on the T01 body. Turns out the threaded section of the T01 body is a millimeter or 2 short. Nothing a washer or conductive spacer couldn't remedy.

To the extent the Titan AAA is threaded same as the Titan AAA Plus, this could be a patch, if you don't get results with SF. Frankly there's nothing wrong with the T01 as is by itself. It's single mode but descent enough for a back-up light.

Good luck with your repairs.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I'm thinking of finding a host that if need be I will mod to make the head a permanent fixture and give it a clicky. I highly doubt it will fit a cheap solitare but I'm sure I could make it work and I know I can make it a clicky.

It would be sweet to find a perfect fit though 🤔

At this point I don't plan on sending the light in to them and with all the problems they have had with the titan line it just puts me off even more. I bought six of them and kept only one because it was the best of them all and even then it's still disappointing. The colour, beam patterns, and visual brightness, are all over the place. I gave the rest away and being that it's only $40-65 it's not high value enough to me to fight with them over.

I'm about to start another thread with questions about the manker E03.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I did read that thread and thought about it. I came to the conclusion that if I used that light I would be swapping a brighter head for a dimmer one which feels like I'm defeating some kind of purpose like taking a step backwards haha. I'm still thinking about buying a solitare to have on hand in case I try to mod it for the SF head and if I don't my kid could have it.

bigfoot

Enlightened
If you can, keep being persistent. Had trouble with a Titan AAA (batteries kept getting stuck) and sent it in like you described, on my dime. Took forever to reach customer service by phone. E-mails went unanswered. They eventually repaired & returned it to me. But after that, it wouldn't switch modes properly, and kept flickering.

Finally I e-mailed them and asked for an RMA shipping label and to have it properly repaired or replaced. To my surprise, they e-mailed a pre-paid UPS shipping label within a day or two. And within 1.5 months sent a new replacement light that works just fine.

If the threads are stripped off your Titan, that's absolutely a warranty issue. Don't take no for an answer, they need to make that right for you. Their customer service has unfortunately taken a hit lately, without a doubt due to the layoffs. Hopefully they can turn things around.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Yea use to they would just send me an email with details of how to prep it for shipment and just send me a small box with RMA and label and I'd get it back in under two weeks. Now it seems to be on the user to pay shipping and wait way longer.

Like I said that lady told me over the phone it's User error and I should learn how to properly use a flashlight 😒 that's pretty sad customer service. They wouldn't let me talk with a tech either which use to be no problem. I use to love surefire and thought they were the best but so many options and brands have popped up in just the past three years and advancements have gone far. I'm now questioning if that brand is even something I want to continue to carry with all the problems they have and that I've had in the past year.

I have an old 6pl that has gone through hell and back and that sucker keeps trucking. Now I look at a newer surefire funny and it craps itself.