L16 Vs P30 ....Thoughts on either

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Been looking to replace my truck light (2014 LD41vn) and have been eyeing these two lights for several weeks. Any owners of either of these lights? I have seen several reviews but nothing from actual owners really. The acebeam is about $30 more than the nitecore.

Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
For several years I was a throw chaser, and had the money to indulge myself. Once I got my P30, that phase was over. If Nitecore would have brought out the P30 before any of the TM series, I wouldn't have gotten my TM11, TM16, nor TM16GT. For my uses the P30 is ideal. At the lower power levels it is just a good area light with a deeper hot spot. But on High or Turbo, you can really see that center beam stand out and reach out, while the spill is enough to light up the area around you without being so bright that it makes it hard to see details in the center beam. I normally carry an EA11 on my belt as my EDC, but if I think I am going to need more light, I add the P30. Unless you are in SAR or something similar where you need both the distance and the run time, the P30 is the light for you. As a single 18650 cell light it obviously is not going to have the run time at high power that them TMs do, but for general use around a farm truck or semi, it will fit the bill. And it's always easy to carry an extra 18650 or two, or some extra CR123s if you are going to leave them in the truck all the time.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the L16 over the p30 only because the p30 is boring. No ramping. Not programmable, none of the the new stuff that's out there. The L16 has a slimmer profile, though longer than the p30. They both throw well, but I don't know how to put into words the L16 just does it for me. When I worked in a truck yard, all I needed was an ec11, or mh20. They both served me well in that job, and I could shove it in my pocket if I needed to grab the pallet jack

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick replies. I already have an MH20GT that I have had for about two years and leave in my work bag. Awesome little light. I want something with just a little more through with the same spill for shinning fields around and for walks around my property. For some reason I have been stuck on these two lights and one or two others in similar form/factor. I have and older TK41vn that will really send a beam long ways but its too bulky and stays in the cabinet with a cone for lantern use lol.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I worked in a truck yard, all I needed was an ec11, or mh20. They both served me well in that job, and I could shove it in my pocket if I needed to grab the pallet jack
The EC11 and its cousin the EA11 are nice lights. I belt carry the EA11 as my EDC. I'm somewhate obese, so my pockets are rather tight, or I would carry it there. The size is really nice, and there is more than enough output to light up the area if I need it. As I said in my other post, the EA11 is my normal go-to light, but when I think I might need a little bit more, or just a second light, the P30 is where I go.