Hello from Hotherps - SnakeMan UK

Hotherps1

Newly Enlightened
Time to introduce myself:

I was a third generation Zookeeper (Reptiles, Chester Zoo, UK 1979-1992) before taking up the position of Herpetologist at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK.
I am responsable for the management of a large collection of medically important venomous snakes. I am also the only person in Britain currently extracting venom using the traditional "hands on" methods... (none of this knocking them out with gas)...

In regards to flashlights, I started with the old Maglights in the 80's. Moved on to Surefire 6P & 6Z's in the 90's then for the last 10 years various Zebralights.

My interest in flashlights has recently been re-kindled and my collection is growing, currently have:

5 Surefire
5 Zebralight
2 Solarforce
1 Nitecore
1 Malkoff MD2 with another 3 Malkoffs inbound.

Regards,

Paul Rowley

ven

Flashaholic
+1

:welcome:

Nice choices, i actually went backwards to the older surefires. Something about the look/design/feel/build i love!. Lots of p60 options to bring the 6p and 6z into the now. Hi cri LED choices, driver options, single,triple,quad variations etc. Most of mine run sanyo 16650 cells, 2500 mah .

Hotherps1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys.

I'm actually with you on the older Surefires. The only new Surefire I own is a Surefire D3FT Combat Light Haley Strategic collaboration... Nice metal.

The others are an original "Classic" 6P and 6Z bought in the 1990's. The 6P is well used and been around the world. The 6Z is still in nice condition.

I recently bought used 2Z and a 6P, both metal. I have been buying Sportac and Malkoff Drop-ins for these lights.... great to be able to bring them up to date.